Sophomore year > freshman year

Sophomore Year Is A Lot Better Than Freshman Year

How sophomore year is already better than freshman year.

66
Abbygale Watkins

Don't get me wrong, I loved freshman year and had a lot of fun. Sophomore year is definitely already off to a better start than freshman year. Freshman year wasn't very hard academic wise, but meeting new people was kind of tough. I joined a sorority because I had a hard time meeting new people. Not that I am antisocial or anything, I am just a shy person. After I have met you I will talk your head off, there is just something about putting myself out there that makes me uncomfortable.

I knew who my roommate was so I was not really worried about that. I was scared that she would be my only friend. Turns out I actually made a lot of friends and I did not even realize that I was making friends. I was in a chemistry class of only thirty people. Being with those thirty people we all became really close. We had a Monday, Wednesday, Friday class together and then some of us had lab together. All of us would at least be with each other for nine hours of the week just counting in class time.

At the sorority house, I was a little afraid to go because I knew only three people. So first semester I was not at the house very much and did not meet a lot of people. Second semester, I was living my best life. I made myself go to the house every time I had any free time. I would come for lunch, dinner, to study, even just to talk to people. I had met so many new faces and made many new friends.

Sophomore year honestly has already been a whole lot better than freshman year and it is only the second week of school. I have gotten a lot closer to the girl that I had met second semester. I have even gotten close to girls that I meant this school year.

At the beginning of this week, I was going throw a lot of things. It felt like my life was falling apart. These girls literally sat there listened to me, comforted me when I was sad and did everything they could to make me smile. I am so thankful for my friends and I have no clue what I would do without them.

Life lesson: Put yourself out there and get involved with whatever organization you can. In the end, it will be the best decision you've made!