We all have those moments: You're down on your luck, driving home after a rough day. Maybe it's nighttime, a rainy afternoon or a clear-skied evening. Maybe you're alone, or maybe you're with some friends, also going through it for whatever reason. Either way, this moment would be the climax of the cheesy indie film or 80s rom-com. At this moment, you and your friends start belting out the words to your favorite songs and throwing cares to the wind. Or you decide life's too short to worry so much and you let go of all your stress and confront whatever obstacle has been standing in your way. Everything always works out alright in the end, one way or another. So, to inspire that cinematic revelation, and remind you of the beauty of life's moments, here's your ideal, drive-off-into-the-sunset, credits-rolling-in playlist.
1. Fire Escape by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
"You're my number one, you're the reason I'm still up at dawn"
2. Beautiful Life by Nick Fradiani
"Oh, what a beautiful life."
3. "Spirits" by the Strumbellas
"I don't want a never-ending life. I just wanna be alive while I'm here."
4. "Rollercoaster" by Bleachers
5. "All of these Roads" by Sultan+Shepherd (feat. Zella Day and Sam Martin)
"The sun is getting low. We'll find someplace to call home."
6. "I know a Place" by MUNA
"If you want to go out dancing, I know a place we can go."
7. "Fire and the Flood" by Vance Joy
"Anywhere I go, there you are."
8. "Alfie's Song" by Bleachers
"I wanna be alright"
9. "Final Song" by MO
"Don't let this be our final song"
10. "We Don't Know" by the Strumbellas
"There's something in my mind that's killing me. There's something that this life's not giving me."
11. "Take a Walk" by Passion Pit
"Honey, it's your son. I think I borrowed just too much."
12. "Don't take the Money" by Bleachers
"You steal the air out of my lungs. You make me feel it."
13. "Higher" by the Naked and Famous
"Raise our voices higher"
14. "Tie me Down" by Elley Duhe and Gryffin
"I want you out in the pouring rain. I want you down on your knees, praying to God that I feel the same."
15. "I wanna get better" by Bleachers
"I didn't know I was lonely 'til I saw your face."
16. "Quarter Past Midnight" by Bastille
"We keep on running through red lights like we're trynna burn the night away."
17. "Someone to You" by BANNERS
"I just wanna be somebody to someone."
18. "Come Back Down" by Sara Bareilles and Greg Laswell
"All of your wallowing is unbecoming."