Songs to make you happy

10 Songs That Can Help You Through A Tough Time

If you're having trouble smiling, these songs can help!

41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
iamOTHER

Some days are better than others. As much as we need music to let out all of those bad feelings that come, it can also help lift our spirits when needed. If you're feeling down, here's a few songs that can help get you through.

1. "F**king Perfect" -P!nk.

P!nk in "F**cking Perfect"

P!nk has never been shy about her feelings. She's also an artist who's been through a thing or two. This song about self-love just gets the feelings going! P!nk flat out tells whoever is listening to not listen to negativity. The song is from her 2010 album "Greatest Hits...So Far!!!" It reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Critics praised its uplifting message and very bold video. The music video depicted images of abuse, self-harm, and suicide. The stripped down message of the song is to not allow external things in your life to impact how you see yourself. The title of the song, and through-line is straight up "If you ever, ever feel like you're nothing you're f**cking perfect to me." Whenever you need help fighting those harsh thoughts, toss on this song and P!nk will give you strength.

2. "Keep Your Head Up"- Andy Grammar. 

"Keep Your Head Up" is the debut single from Grammer's 2011 self-titled debut album. The song didn't chart well but it has made an impression on fans and received a large amount of radio play. It is about smiling through the hard times and remembering you keep your composure. What gets me about this song is how relatable and down to earth it is. Andy seems to be right there with his audience. His voice almost takes your hand and lets you know it'll be okay. Throughout the years, it has become a signature song of his, and a pickup we all need it.

3. "Island In The Sun"-Weezer. 

Weezer dropped this classic from their 2001 .self-titled album. It is the band's biggest international hit; charting in the UK, France, and Australia. About.com stated that the song "exemplified a relaxed Southern California spirit." I think this is hits on the head. "Island in the Sun" is about getting away from all the craziness and just enjoying yourself. It describes simply going on vacation. But not just any vacation, a trip to a place where you're free from all cares of the world. Even if you're trapped in the hustle and bustle of life, Weezer can help lift you out of it for a little while with this great song.

4. "Breathin"- Ariana Grande.

Ari's latest album "Sweetener" is all about good vibes and making it through hard times. "Breathin" is the third single to be released from the album and it's definitely a stand out track. Currently, it's at 22 on the Billboard Hot 100, with a music video soon to come. This is the first time Ariana has gotten this vulnerable with her music. She opens up about her battle with anxiety and depression. The song is beautiful because it reminds everyone to take things one day at a time. Moreover, that healing is a process and when times get hard you just have to focus and breathe.

5. "Me Too"- Meghan Trainor.

"Me Too" is the second single from singer/ songwriter Meghan Trainor's second album "Thank You". The song is nothing but feel good. It's about waking up in the morning being happy to be where you are and who you are. The song reached 13 on Billboard Hot 100. Receiving commercial success in many countries. Meghan talks about her own success and the love she's surrounded by. The song is crazy catchy, up tempo, and everything you need to put yourself in a good mood. It's like an injection of confidence.

6. "Pocketful of Sunshine"- Natasha Bendingfield.

Some of you may just know this song because of "Easy A," but Natasha Bendingfield gave us this gem in 2008 on her second album of the same name. "Pocketful of Sunshine" is a happiness anthem, if you didn't get that from the title. It reached No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was an international success for Natasha. "Pocketful of Sunshine" is about carrying a positive attitude with you everywhere you go. Natasha is in such a good place, she feels like she has sunshine in her pocket. The song also talks about taking time to step away and find that inner happiness. The message's power comes from the notion that happiness comes from within.

7. "Don't Worry Be Happy"- Bobby McFerrin.

"Don't Worry Be Happy" is legendary for so many reasons. Bobby McFerrin released the track in 1988. It peaked at No. 1 on the Hot 100, becoming the first acapella song to ever do so. That's right, McFerrin created the whole song with no instruments. The simplicity of the song is what makes it the absolute best. It strips happiness down to a simple choice. McFerrin tells you to choose to be happy. The bold demand, with the carefree, catchy nature of the song fills you up inside. If you're ever feeling down, this is bound to get those happy juices flowing.

8. "Unbreakable Smile"- Tori Kelly. 

"Unbreakable Smile" is the title track from Tori Kelly's debut album of the same name. It dropped in 2015, finally putting Tori on the mainstream music map. Mind you, we'd already known her from American Idol, her EPs, and many iconic YouTube covers. The album was finally a true look into her world and the musical direction she'd choose. "Unbreakable Smile" is a declaration. Tori states that she will not let fame overtake who she is. She tells the world, and herself, that she's in charge of her music, her image, and her life. Moreover, that the critics will not take her happiness away from her. It's beautiful because you can truly hear the happiness in Tori's voice. She tells us to be bold, strong, and secure in ourselves and that is where you find true happiness.

9. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" - Kelly Clarkson.

As the second single from her 2011 album "Stronger," Kelly shows us all how to fight back. The song reached No. 1 on the Hot 100 and it's clear why. "Stronger" talks about recovering from a hard time and learning from it. It hits on the reality of life and the pain that can come with it. Kelly shows us her claws by singing about how; she may be knocked down but she won't stay down. It is a celebration of lessons learned, self-love, and all around growth as a person. Plus, Kelly's signature vocals help with the flair!

10. "Happy" -Pharrell.

Leave it to Pharrell to embody happiness in a song. "Happy" released in 2014 and became one of the top-selling songs of that year. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 for ten weeks. It was also included on his second studio album "Girl". The song is over the top. It's about being happy for no reason at all. Pharrell sings about how a good state of mind can elevate you above all the stuff going on around you. He describes it as feeling like "a room without a roof." It's a great song because it reminds us that sometimes joy and success is all about perspective.

Reality is, hard times comes and go. It's part of life not to always feel at your best. When you don't, maybe these songs will bring a little bit of light.