Songs I Think are Worth a Listen

Songs I Think are Worth a Listen

"Music can change the world because it can change people." -Bono

34
Songs I Think are Worth a Listen

Music speaks to me. I've always had something inside of me that knows good music when I hear it and now I use it to make great playlists on Spotify. Music is one of the simple pleasures in my life. I listen to it often because it can affect your mood and how you view the world for that moment.

I have a wide rage of music I listen to. I have been influenced by family, friends, teachers and even strangers. There are many reasons why I like a song, because of a memory, a friend, a loss, a love and much more. Don't be surprised when this list goes through many different decades and genres.

Without further ado here are some of my favorite songs that I think everyone should give a chance.

The Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve

"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life / Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die"

Hometown by Twenty One Pilots

"Where we're from / There's no sun / Our hometown's in the dark"

Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare) by Kid Cudi

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold / hey I'll be fine once I get it / yeah I'll be good.

Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks

"Just like the white winged dove / Sings a song / Sounds like she's singing"

Fix You by Coldplay

"Lights will guide you home / And ignite your bones / And I will try to fix you"

Alright Now by Free

There she stood in the street / Smilin' from her head to her feet;I said, "Hey, what is this?

Feel so Close by Calvin Harris

"I feel so close to you right now / It's a force feel / I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal"

Red Ragtop by Tim McGraw

"I was twenty and she was eighteen / We were just about as wild as we were green / In the ways of the world"

The Downfall of Us All by A Day to Remember

It's not easy making a name for yourself / Where do you draw the line? / I never thought I'd be in this far / Let's have fun some and never change that for anyone

Ain't Nothing 'Bout You by Brooks and Dunn

"The way you look, the way you laugh, / The way you love with all you have, / There ain't nothing 'bout you that don't do something for me"

Another Heart Calls by The All-American Rejects

"Just as soon as I see you / But didn't I, but didn't I tell you / As deep as I need you, / You wanna leave it all"

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding by Elton John

"And love lies bleeding in my hand / Oh it kills me to think of you with another man / I was playing rock and roll and you were just a fan"

Kashmir by Led Zeppelin

"Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face / And stars fill my dream / I'm a traveler of both time and space"

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie

"Crawl on me / Sink into me / Die for me / Living dead girl"

Feeling This by blink-183

"Fate fell short this time / Your smile fades in the summer / Place your hand in mine / I'll leave when I wanna"

Every Storm by Gary Allan

"I saw you standing in the middle of the thunder and lightning / I know you're feeling like you just can't win, but you're trying"

Forth of July (remix) by Fall Out Boy Ft. OG Maco

It was the fourth of July / You and I were, you and I were fire, fire, fireworks / That went off too soon"

20 Dollar by M.I.A.

"With your feet on the air and your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it / And you'll ask yourself / Where is my mind"

Riot Maker by Tech N9ne

"RIOT MAKER! And I come out bustin... I'm a.. / RIOT MAKER! RIOT MAKER! I don't give a damn about nothing!"

Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap

"Mm, that it's just what we need? / And you decided this. / What you say? / Mmm, what did She say?"

VICTIM by WIN WIN

"Hocus pocus.../ Time is now then did you notice / You've got your problems goverment / Be careful lot of punishment"

For What it is Worth by Buffalo Springfield

"There's something happening here / What it is ain't exactly clear / There's a man with a gun over there / Telling me I got to beware"

Buzzkill by Intuition

"Ain't seen it all but I think I've seen enough / Still basically hated, jaded, acting like a buzzkill"

Set The Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Patrol

"I find the map and draw a straight line / Over rivers, farms, and state lines / The distance from 'here' to where you'd be / It's only finger-lengths that I see"

'Till I Collapse by Eminem

"Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out / Till my legs give out, can't shut my mouth"

As you can tell I really enjoy music and I would keep going if I could. Now it's your turn, go out and jam.