The Songs Of Summer From 2007 To 2017

The Songs Of Summer From 2007 To 2017

My summer playlist is fire with these songs.
109

Every time you hear the song of the summer you know you're about to get lit, it's the song of the summer for a reason. But you know what's better than this year's summer song? The summer song in 2007 or the one in 2011. So here's an awesome throwback of the summer songs in the past 10 years.

2007: "Umbrella" by Rihanna

When this song came out, you didn't see me anywhere without singing it.

2008: "No Air" by Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown

I wish there was music still like this!

2009: "Boom Boom Pow" by Black Eyed Peas

Realizing that Fergie was actually saying 3008 instead 2008 was an everyday discovery, and if you're just realizing that well your so "two thousand and late".

2010: "California Gurls" by Katy Perry

You can not deny that this was the song of the year. You couldn't go a day without hearing this song once.

2011: "Superbass" by Nicki Minaj

Everyone knows the lyrics to this whole song, when this song comes on everyone becomes a rapper for three minutes.

2012: "Somebody that I Used To Know" by Gotye

It was both the summer song and it 2012's break up song.

2013: "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore

It was the rap everyone was trying to learn the whole summer. I don't know about you but I still can't spell independent that fast.

2014: "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX

You couldn't say "first" without someone saying "First things first, I'm the realest".

2015: "Cheerleader" by OMI

You either didn't like the song when it came out but it grew on you and you ended up loving it, or you loved it since it came out. Either way, it was a super catchy song.

2016: "One Dance" by Drake

Drake has to have one summer song.

2017: "I'm The One" by DJ Khaled, Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper, & Lil Wayne

This song is good for lounging around the pool and a road trip.