Songs Get Stuck In My Head

Songs Always Get Stuck In My Head

Music has been in my life for as long as I can remember and I love it when songs get stuck in my head but sometimes I wonder why certain ones play on repeat for days on end.

13
Songs Always Get Stuck In My Head

Ever since I was little music has been a constant for me. I would sing along to a song in the car with my dad. I would go up to my room and plug in earbuds when I got into fights with my parents and the music would calm me down. Songs have inspired me in my writing. Lyrics take on different meanings when I go through different stuff. And I wouldn't have any other way because I love having the diverse taste in music that I do. However, sometimes I catch myself singing songs from a really long time ago, or no longer remember the words to a song I once knew by heart.

I usually realize this when these songs get stuck in my head. Hearing the melody or just a set of words that appear in the song is enough for me to have the song stuck in my head for days or weeks. I usually don't mind having these songs stuck in my head but recently I have two songs stuck in my head and they pop up at the weirdest times and they either make me mad or just make me want to cry.

The first is Sad Song by We The Kings Feat. Elena Coasts, which is an excellent song that I would strongly recommend to anyone because, despite the title, it is a very upbeat song about admitting you're in love. I had a connection with this song for a long time given that this was a song that an ex-boyfriend and I had as our song but nowadays I find it hard to listen to the beautiful song without thinking of him and the way our relationship ended.

Normally I would brush off this song getting stuck in my head as a thought of reminding of the love I once shared with the ex that I am now sharing with someone else but earlier when I was in my car alone I found myself hearing it for the first time in moths and skipping it. This action has it stuck in my head replacing the track that had been playing on a loop until that point and now these two tracks are switching.

The song I had in my head was Make Me Wanna by Thomas Rhett which is another great song by a country star. The lyrics seemed to be speaking to me in a different way than they normally did and I wasn't thinking about it too much until it started fighting Sad Song in my head. the first part of the chorus is especially stuck in my head every time it plays in my head these words seem louder and repeated more often.

...Pull this truck to the side of the road/ Slide on over, let me hold you close and tell/ You everything I'm thinking...

This section of the chorus always hit me because I would love to have a guy do this with me. and given the nature of both songs being kind of about love has me confused. Rhett's song is more about lustful love and wants to share an intimate moment with a woman whereas We The Kings's song is more about telling someone how much you love them as the male lead singer from the band and the female featured artist switches off explaining all the way they are incomplete without each other. I often find myself over-analyzing what lyrics mean in a deeper sense especially when they are stuck in my head so now I am using the most effective tool in my arsenal to help me clear my head.

I am in a happy relationship that has lustful moments but is far more than just those few moments. I'm wondering if that specific part is playing in my head because I want to know more of what my boyfriend is thinking and so I want that lyrical moment to happen where he just wants to stop on the side of some road somewhere and just tell me everything he's thinking. But that brings me to why I have Sad Song stuck in my head, which is all about love and trying to communicate with a person you love in an effort to just express yourself.

This, either way, the songs are trying to tell me that deep down inside I am having communication problems somewhere in my life even if it's not in my relationship with my boyfriend. I will certainly be more cognoscente of this moving forward and hopefully, find the source of this mental lyrical loop and try to fix it.