17 Songs That Are Certain To Put You In The Mood For Spring

17 Songs That Are Certain To Put You In The Spring Season Mood

Spring is the season where everything starts to bloom, including yourself! These songs are sheer proof of doing so!

36
http://upfr0mtheskies.tumblr.com

Spring is finally here, so there is no time for sadness! Happy thoughts all around!

"Phospholipid" by Blood Cultures

Although this song only contains a few words, it still has the power to make someone dance the whole day away. This is a song that could possibly be on repeat for hours, and nobody would bat an eye. Such a feel good banger!

"Why iii Love The Moon." by Phony Ppl

Listening to a song like 'Why iii Love The Moon.' is like dancing to a fast-paced EDM version of an Adele song! You can easily jam out to it with a bunch pals and not digest the lyrics, but once you're alone on the bus or in your room, it takes time to really learn what the lyrics mean. It is still worthy of a spot on the Spring playlist!

"Cold Cold Man" by Saint Motel

Now from the first beat in this song, it instantly makes you want to stand up and dance instantly. This song is actually an exuberant love song. The song itself is an ostentatious display of affection that makes up for the speaker's stated distaste for such things, proving how much they love this person. Still a banger nonetheless.

"Tongue Tied" by Grouplove

Everyone has to know this song, and I mean everyone! I remember hanging out with my friends driving through the Winchester backroads, listening to this song at the highest volume with the windows down. The air was properly beautiful, yet stale. I have so many upbeat memories when it comes to this song. I couldn't make the playlist without it.

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

Okay... here we GO!!! This song has been spread throughout the world, famous for the optimism it brings people. There have been so so many vines and memes of this song, which prove it to be as great as it sounds! The bridge of this song is extremely infectious to everybody's ears, no matter the age. You can't tell me any different!

"September" by Earth, Wind & Fire

Now. Every man, woman, and child has to know this song. I listened to this song as I was in the shower and I could hear my mom singing it, so you know it's a banger. Parents singing along to your music is a good sign! My mom's music helped bring me to where I am today, and this song is symbolism of that. This is such a party song, and my friends sing along too!

"Blossom" by Milky Chance

This song should be obvious, right? In the Spring, all botanic beings begin to grow, bloom, sprout, blossom. Milky Chance never fails to bring such an optimistic mood to the table, so they are my go-to in such happy situations. The grungy, raspy, earthy tone of Clemens is so soothing to the ear, so you can tell him out of every other bland, boring voice. Super cool!

"Gap In The Clouds" by Yellow Days

The bridge at the beginning of the song will make you feel things. It will most likely give you goose pimples, which is absolutely positive in this situation. Starting out with a bit of acapella, the beat comes in as his first line ends, which is the most simple, yet effective beat drop in the history of the world. It doesn't make you want to mosh, not that type of beat drop. But a subtle, bopping back-and-forth kinda drop. I fell in love with this song instantly.

"Ghost Town" by Kanye West

I know what you're thinking, "What? You think Kanye belongs in the same playlist as Milky Chance and Natasha Bedingfield?" The answer is also-darn-lutely! Not everyone is a fan on Kanye, and I understand that. But this song really is something feel-good! My friend showed it to me and I listen to it all the time! There are some slow, quiet parts at times, but the end is super catchy! "And nothing hurts anymore I feel kind of free! We're still the kids we used to be!" Raising your hands and singing along is an absolute necessity!

"Nobody" by Mitski

Do you know where I found this song? I found it on an Instagram video of Goofy laying in a pool by himself. This song was playing in the background and I would not sleep until i found it! Yes the song itself might be pretty sad due to the lyrics. But the sadness is executed so positively that you just have to be happy listening to this song! It's one of those songs where you don't really have to understand the lyrics, just listen to the beat and feel the music, ya know?

"Sober Up (feat. Rivers Cuomo)" by AJR

The simple melody at the beginning of the song is what hooked me. This song is somewhere in the middle of Spring and Summer. It's not too hype for the summer, but it's not too soft/subtle for Spring, so I'll let you decide on this one. The song itself is beautiful and it makes me smile either way, so I decided to add it just in case. The chorus is super catchy and it plays in my head all the time!

"Faded Heart" by BØRNS

I recently watched a video on Twitter of Garrett Borns performing this song in the middle of a mall, and I loved it! He has such a distinct tone that I instantly fell in love with, and I feel that you will too! This song is the hardest to sing along with, due to the extremely high notes, but if you can do it then props to you! I still try either way because the song is simply too great to NOT sing along to!

"Shark in the Water" by V V Brown

Many of you know this song because there was a music video made containing the character of Degrassi. Don't feel ashamed, that's how I found this song! I didn't think that any of my friends would know this song because of their taste in music, but when they began to sing along, I was flabbergasted! I happily sang along as we drove down the highway on our way to Indianapolis!

"Fluorescent Adolescent" by Arctic Monkeys

Throwback! I haven't listened to this song for the longest time, but then my cousin played it and all of the 8th grade memories of me dancing to this song in my room came back to me all at the same time. Alex Turner never fails to impress me with his fantastic vocals! All of these years and he still does things to my little emo queen heart!

"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond

"Good times never seemed so good!" I have been dreaming of this song. I can imagine all of my friends in a huge room, and as the chorus of this song sprung out, we would all just dance and sing together. Whoever I play this song for, they seem to appreciate it as much as me, so this song works wonders! It is another one of those songs where any person of any age would know it!

"Electric Feel" by MGMT

Let's throw in a little 2007 retro in here. This is the first and only song I ever learned on guitar, and I am proud of it! "You turn me on with your electric feel." There are so many vibes coming from this song, that it is impossible not to bop to! The thought of being electrocuted makes me shiver anyways, might as well turn that shiver into a dance, right?

*WARNING: THIS SONG IS GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOUR HEAD BOP... SORRY BOUT IT*

"Cecilia and the Satellite" by Andrew McMahon In the Wilderness

Now this song has a Spring memory of mine tied to it. I remember sitting in my car with my friend Audrey and we were sitting outside of a gas station, and we just bought Subway. We were Juniors in high school. I was driving back to school and I played this song, thinking that I would be the only one to know it. Then to my surprise, Audrey started singing along. I was pleasantly surprised. In that moment, I knew that Audrey would never fail to surprise me. Now she's living her best life hours away, but I have all of these little memories of us stuck in the back of my mind. I love and miss you buddy! Such a beautiful memory for a beautiful song.