what are good emotional post breakup songs

When You're feeling Sad After A recent Split You Should Listen To These 5 songs Post-Breakup

Not including "Potential Breakup Song" by Aly & AJ

33

1. "Green Light" by Lorde

This song gives the prefect uplifting beat needed to rise your spirit after a bad split. The song will have you dancing in your car, hands off the wheel, windows down, forgetting about the Brad or Chad that just dumped you. The meaning behind this song is beautiful as well. It's about longing to let go, which is what anyone really wants after a breakup.

2. "Somebody Else" by The 1975

Probably the hardest part of ending things with someone you love is seeing them move on and love somebody else. Even if you don't want to be with a person anymore, it's still can be devastating watching them find someone new. The 1975 beautifully wraps up this painful feeling in an empowering song that will make you want to dance, scream, and cry all at once. If you chose to listen to any song on this playlist I recommend it be this one.

3. "Drive" by Oh Wonder

Sometimes love isn't enough to keep a relationship going. Only so much effort can be put into fixing a relationship and there comes a point where someone has to leave. In this song, Oh Wonder uses the metaphor of driving away to represent leaving a dead relationship. It may be hard, but when theres been so many lies, and games, it's what is necessary.

4. "Same Drugs" by Chance The Rapper

No matter what anyone says, people change. Not every change is good or bad, sometimes someone can just slowly become different. In long relationships, some people change and grow as a couple, while some grow apart. Chance describes a love that has died from a girl growing up, and not being the same girl he used to know. After many breakups, the person you used to call your best friend can all of the sudden feel like a stranger to you. This song is a great way to help deal with that feeling, and make sense of it.

5. "Sorry" by Halsey

It's easy to be hard on yourself after many failed relationships. It makes it hard to open up to a new person, or fall in love again, which may cause you to break a few hearts. This is a good song if you were the one that broke up with a person that loved you, because that person feels pain too. Many people leave relationships fearing that they can't love. Halsey captures this mentality perfectly in this song, and most specifically in the lyric, "Someone will love you, but someone isn't me."