9 Songs To Perfect Your Summer Playlist

9 Songs To Perfect Your Summer Playlist

Because we all know Spotify's "Made for You" playlists just aren't cutting it.

127
9 Songs To Perfect Your Summer Playlist

Here you'll find a range of music from the purest pop to indie to maybe even a little country (give it a chance). These songs will blend perfectly into your car/workout/sad boi hours/getting ready/dance party playlists.

1. "Strangers" - Jonas Brothers

"Happiness Begins" came out recently so I find it only appropriate to include a JoBro song for your summer playlist. "Strangers" is one of my favorites from the new album. It's upbeat and catchy without being cheesy or kitschy. This is definitely one of those songs you can blare in the car with rolled down windows: a for sure win in my book.

2. "You're Still The One" - Ben Rector

This song was originally performed by Shania Twain, but Ben Rector released a live cover recently and it's absolutely beautiful. Ben has such a smooth voice that you won't even miss autotune and his backup singers almost steal the show.

3. "Never Really Over" - Katy Perry

When I saw that Katy had released a new song, I honestly didn't have very high of expectations considering the train wreck that was her last album. However, after that scathing review, I am pleased to announce that her newest single is a bop. It's the type of song that you can't help but dance to and her voice really shines through. I highly recommend a listen.

4. "See Through" - The Band Camino

"See Through" is the kind of song that can hype you up for pretty much anything. The chorus is fast enough to almost feel like a rap (and makes the listener feel slightly cooler than they are when they can sing the whole thing without getting tripped up). Like always, the guitar solo absolutely shreds.

5. "What If I Never Get Over You" - Lady Antebellum

I truly believe that Lady Antebellum can do no wrong. They aren't flashy or the first name you might list under modern country but they consistently put out great music under the radar. "What If I Never Get Over You" is no exception. This band has been around for years and there's something so nostalgic about their music. This song may not be as upbeat as the others, but it's a jam nonetheless.

6. "Drugs & The Internet" - Lauv

I've been a fan of Lauv for a while and this song is a little more experimental than what he's done before. It's a sadistic anti-Gen Z/Millennial anthem and I kinda love it. Some parts of it feel like a melancholy ballad and others are like an electronic dance song that they'd play at a club. It's a confusing mix but at the same time, it totally works.

7. "Find U Again" - Mark Ronson ft. Camila Cabello

This song honestly surprised me as I'm not really a fan of Camila's work. It's incredibly pop-y, but Ronson does a great job with production. The voice effects feel very electro-pop which I'm rarely mad at. Overall, its a solid song for the genre it's in and a fun one to add to a summer playlist.

8. "pink skies" - LANY

I struggled for a while to figure out what LANY song would fit the best for a summer playlist since they've been making such great music. "Pink skies" isn't new, but it's such a good song for summer. This is definitely one of those that works perfectly in the car, with the windows rolled down and a hint of cool in the air. You're welcome.

9. "Fortress" - Lennon Stella

Lennon Stella is one of those younger artists that I'm really excited about. She doesn't have a lot of music out but I've loved every song I've listened to from her. Her voice is borderline angelic and she mixes that with some really cool effects. Her music videos are unique so that's just another plus. Check her out!