Music For Pride Month

11 Songs To Jam To During Pride Month

To celebrate who you are and who you love.

74
11 Songs To Jam To During Pride Month

It's June and guess what that means? It means it's Pride Month! Every June is the annual celebration of the LGBT community. Pride Month was chosen for June to honor the Stonewall riots which began on June 28th,1969. There are countless events, such as parades and parties, that are occurring across the U.S. during this month to celebrate and promote self-love and love towards others. Every celebration needs music. Whether you are celebrating individually or with a group, music is definitely a necessity! Here is a list of songs that you can jam out to during pride month.

1. "LGBT" By CupcakKe

This is such a bold and confident song that has to be sung while walking on the street, walking into a club or a party, walking into the shower, walking to get into your car or pretty much just about anywhere.

2. "If I Had You" By Adam Lambert

Life could be a big party, but without the person you actually love it's a dull and agonizing world. Well agonizing might be too much of a strong word. Overall, this song is about love and being with the one you love. I also just love watching the music video. Adam's outfit is everything!

3. "Fill My Little World" By The Feeling

This is such a cute and catchy song by the lead vocalist, Dan Gillespie Sells, who is also a part of the LGBT community. You will have this stuck in your head for the entire month of June (and if you're like me, for the rest of the year). Lyrics such as "Hey, show some love/You ain't so tough/Come fill my little world right up, right up" will make you just want to slap the person you're into so they can realize that you're into them and that they're into you!

4. "Girls Like Girls" By Hayley Kiyoko

This song points out the obvious that girls can be attractive to other girls and that there's nothing wrong with that. The lyrics: "Girls like girls like boys do, nothing new" says it all! The music video is also very touching and shows that in the end the guy was not able to get in their way of loving each other.

5. "One More Day" By Sistar Ft. Giorgio Moroder

This song is not only catchy and fun to dance to, but the music video for it also expresses the power of love. It's about a love triangle. The two women are in love with each other, but one has an abusive boyfriend. It has a happy ending for the two women, but a deadly one for the abusive boyfriend.

Lyrics translation

6. "I Still Love You" By Jennifer Hudson

This is a heartfelt song that expresses that no matter what someone has done to you or said to you, you can still love them. The music video shows a gay couple getting married. In the beginning of the video, one of the men calls his father to ask him to come to his wedding. My favorite part is that he tells his dad despite everything he still loves him. Throughout the video you can see how happy the two men are in their relationship and that love and happiness are all that matters.

7. "Only A Girl" By Gia

This song expresses how much happier she is being in a relationship with a girl. To me she is singing about being with someone who loves her the way that she wants to be loved and about being proud and confident enough to say it.

8. "Symphony" By Celan Bandit Ft. Zara Larsson

I love this song, but it always brings me to tears. The music video is so beautiful. It shows the same-sex relationship between a composer and another man. After the composer's partner dies, he was able to find strength in music and was able to create a beautiful song in his memory.

9. "Same Love" By Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Ft. Mary Lambert

This is such a touching song and touching video about love. This song speaks out against hatred and promotes love and tolerance.

10. "Make Me Feel" By Janelle Monae

I can't get enough of this funky song! The music video for this song shows Janelle, who is a part of the LGBT community, being interested in a man and a woman. She dances back and forth with one and then the other. Many fans are calling this song a bisexual anthem!

11. "Obvious Story" By Maman

This is a romantic song, sung by Maman (Magolpy) who is openly gay, that has a music video depicting a romantic relationship between two women. This is another beautiful song that expresses that love knows no gender.

Lyrics translation