10 Songs To Cry And Dance It Out Post-Breakup

10 Songs To Really Get You In Your Feels So You Can Dance And Cry It Out Post-Breakup

Get in your feels.

118

Breakups are never easy, especially during the holiday season.

They leave you feeling alone and like no one really understands what you are going through. It seems like you wasted so much time and effort on someone that evidently cared about you a lot less than you thought. Moving on from someone you thought you would be with forever is crushing, but as much as it hurts, it's important to remember that when you meet the right person, all of the pain you feel now will seem irrelevant.

It may hurt and feel like one of the lowest points in life, but it can feel very empowering to put headphones in and blast some music. Whether the lyrics perfectly describe how you feel, the beat makes you feel better, or it empowers you to move on, music can be very therapeutic in times of sadness and hurt.

So if you're going through a tough breakup, turn on your favorite songs for the occasion, and don't be afraid to dance, laugh, yell, or cry it out and you'll feel better before you know it! Here are a few song suggestions to help you through the tough time:

"Before You Go" by Lewis Capaldi

This is the perfect song to belt out when you're really in your feels.

"Losing You" by Karim Mika and David Shane

This one is for when you feel lost but still want to jam out a little.

"Slide Away" by Miley Cyrus

Miley really shows what it feels like to know you're better off without each other no matter how much you wish that wasn't the case in this song. When you've come to terms with the breakup but are still a little sad about it, this song hits different.

"Maniac" by Conan Gray

Maniac is one of the best songs to dance it out to. It helps let out some frustration in a fun and healthy way.

"I Fall Apart" by Post Malone

Post Malone really knows how to put people in their feels no matter what situation they're in. This song is definitely no exception.

"Shoutout to My Ex" by Little Mix

Shoutout to My Ex is the moving on anthem. It's amazing to dance to with the girls and really proves that you're better off without your ex even though you still might be a little sad.

"Miss Me More" by Kelsea Ballerini

This is a great song to listen to when you feel like you gave up so much for a relationship and got nothing in return. It's time to heal and love the strong, confident person you are without them.

"Mercy" by Brett Young

When you still love your ex and feel like the breakup dragged on way too long, this is a good song to have on repeat.

"Say Goodbye" by Skillet

If you really just need to be sad and cry it out in a dramatic music video sort of way, I would recommend putting in some headphones and blasting this song.

"Kiss Somebody" by Morgan Evans

This song is a little more country than the rest, but it's fantastic if you're ready for a rebound kind of night.

No matter what stage of a breakup you're in, there's a song out there that can put what you're feeling into words even when you can't. Hopefully, this helps you find that song so you can feel better and be ready for all the wonderful things to come.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.