Song Translations with JtheDisaster #10

Song Translations with JtheDisaster #10

He Knows My Name by Francesca Battistelli

15
Song Translations with JtheDisaster #10
YouTube

The song that I am writing about this week is a song that has hit me ever since I heard it back in the beginning to middle of my eleventh grade year of high school. This song means so much to me and almost defines me a sharp point. There are other songs that define me, but that is for another day. As I write this, I am listening to this song on replay and it could possibly go on for days until I stop it. The feeling that I get from this song is so tangible. It astounds me to no end how powerful music is and the effects that it could cause whether good or bad. If you want a song that will inspire you to not be afraid of what is done around you and help you on your walk with Christ, this is the song that will answer all of those elusive inquiries. The song is "He Knows My Name" by Francesca Battistelli.

The song starts off with, “Spent today in a conversation, In the mirror face to face with, Somebody less than perfect, I wouldn't choose me first if, I was looking for a champion, In fact I'd understand if, You picked everyone before me, But that's just not my story, True to who You are, You saw my heart, And made, Something out of nothing”. What a start to a song! Look at yourself compared with the perfection that is the Trinity. We are nothing, shapeless even. But yet we still feel that we are worth something, worth enough to downgrade the God that made us. Look at yourself in the mirror. Have a conversation with what you see and it will be revealed to you that we have fallen. We are not warriors, we are not conquerors of the Spiritual Realm, we are not victorious. And yet, we are still the first to be chosen by a God that can do everything on His own. And not only are we chosen, we are not chosen last. We are all chosen at the exact moment as everyone else. Some here the call and others do not. Our story doesn’t end with us being rejected, in fact our story begins when our loving God creates a diamond out of rock. The next set of lyrics goes, “I don't need my name in lights, I'm famous in my Father's eyes, Make no mistake, He knows my name, I'm not living for applause, I'm already so adored, It's all His stage, He knows my name oh, oh, He knows my name oh, oh”. Then you realize everything. We don’t need to be worshiped or idolized on this earth. Our fame doesn’t come from the creation, it comes from the Creator! Why would it matter if everything else around us worships us if our Creator thinks of us as trash? Isn’t the goal of the creation to satisfy the creator? So why do so many creations think that they need to prove themselves to the other creations? But, we don’t need to do such a thing. Our Creator loves us all individually, even those who choose not to listen to the call. You are loved. Because our Creator loves all of His creations uniquely and greatly. He loves them so much that He gave His life for us. I don’t know about you guys, but I know for a fact that I would gladly give my life for those that I love and I usually love everyone that I meet. Would you? My Creator has given me this love and He can give it to you as well. It is a form of love called agape love. Agape is Greek for love. This love is unlike any other kind of love, because it has more than one meaning. I use it in the sense of true, unconditional love. That’s the love that matters the most. Our Creator loves us so much that He knows our name. Our name, even those who do not believe. He has a name for everything that He has created. He knows every single name and never gets anyone confused with someone or something else. Wow! We have no use for the applause of others, of course it is a blessing, but then again – what isn’t? Our God loves us and adores us beyond compare! The next part of the song goes, “I'm not meant to just stay quiet, I'm meant to be a lion, I'll roar beyond a song, With every moment that I've got, True to who You are, You saw my heart, And made, Something out of nothing”. We are not meant to keep this secret hidden! We are meant to be a lion and roar the greatness of our God as far as we can manage. Hence this is one of the many reasons why I got a lion tattooed on my right arm. It is to remind me of who I am and who my Father wants me to be. Every day we choose to live for our God and He will care for us and guide us. We have nothing to fear just as the mighty lion fears no one. After all is said and done, You saw our hearts. You saw my heart and said that I was going to be a somebody. You said, ‘Get up My child.’ You made us into lions before we were even cubs. You knew it all. And You still know it all and you will forever be ahead of everything. The last portion of this song goes, “He calls me chosen, free forgiven, wanted, child of the King, His forever, held in treasure, I am loved”. You call us all chosen, You call us all Your children. We are forever Yours. You love everyone. You love us. You love them. You love me. He knows everyone’s name. He knows our name. He knows their name. He knows your name. He knows my name.

I can’t follow up those last few sentences. I apologize for the tirade, but God gave me something to write about and He guided me through it. I could feel my passion for Him grow as I wrote this article and I hope that it inspires you as you read it. Thank you guys so much and tune in next week for the next song that I will translate through my opinions.