Sometimes You Need To Fall Apart To Fall Back Together
popular

It is okay to take back the guy who broke your heart.

10605
Verstermiles wordpress

People may think that I am crazy for saying this, but it is okay to take back the guy who broke your heart. I personally never in a million years thought I would say something like this. However when you are put in the life situation, your previous beliefs tend to change.

I have always prided myself on being a strong independent person who would never put up with a man’s crap. I have watched numerous relationships crumble, I’ve watched girls go back to an untrusting man over and over just to end up broken hearted again. I swore it would be one and done if it didn’t work out the first time why would I ever get it a second chance.

However, when I found myself heartbroken from a boy who I truly loved my emotions were so out of control. I felt so lost, so broken, and had no clue what to do next. I felt like I had lost my best friend, I went from living my life with someone by my side for a year to being alone.

About a month after we went our separate ways we reconnected, sorted our problems with a clear head, put everything out on a blank slate. I truly think time apart was the best thing we could have done. It made us both realize that all of the small problems we faced were nothing compared to all of the love and happiness we brought each other.

Deciding to step back into a relationship that just broke me was one of the scariest choices I have made. We took things slow, one day at a time. We had a lot to work through, and it took a great deal of time. I had a lot of trust issues for the first six months after getting back together. My heart was fragile; I was on edge. There were many moments when I questioned if I had made the right choice by taking him back.

I was told by nearly all of my friends not to take him back, that I deserved better. I felt so judged by everyone around me that knew the situation; I felt that everyone thought I was stupid and that i was making a huge mistake. But at the end of the day, no one actually knows the full story besides you and the person you are with. Before I went through all of this I would have said there in no way in hell I would ever take someone back after a heartbreak, but my views have changed. I was a hypocrite, but I have learned from it. So when all of your friends are trying to steer you to take their advice remember it’s your life, and it’s your choice, and it’s your happiness on the line, not theirs.

Sometimes you need to fall apart to fall back together. After a year of being back together, I can say that I did make the right choice by taking him back. I am so glad I made the decision based on what I truly wanted instead of the choice everyone was telling me to make. I have learned a lot from this whole situation, especially about myself and my values.

This article is not to tell you to step back into a bad relationship. This is to let you know that at the end of the day it is your life and your choice when it comes to your relationship.