Sometimes, Deciding Is The Hardest Thing To Do

Decisions.

Making them is sometimes the hardest thing you will ever have to do. You’ll have to make decisions about your future, about your friends, sometimes about your family, but most of all, you will have to make decisions about yourself.

At some point, you will find yourself trying to decide who you want to be. You will picture yourself becoming a doctor, or painter, or an astronaut. You will picture yourself living in a house, growing up and getting old. You might picture yourself becoming a parent, watching your kids grow up, or becoming that proud dog parent.

At some point, you decide to grow up.

You decide to stop putting up with the bullshit. You decide to stop trying to be friends with people who clearly don’t want to be friends with you. You decide to stop pretending to be someone you’re not. You decide that you deserve to be happier. You decide that you deserve more than what you are accepting. You decide to be with the person who makes you happy and who you want to be with. You decide to actually do a job that makes you happy and not just one that pays the bills. You decide that you are no longer going to be the person everyone wants you to be, but instead, the person you want to be.

You decide to be yourself.

You need to decide when you are going to be who you are supposed to be. You need to decide when you are going to grow up and become that person.

You need to breathe in, breath out, and decide.