Some Words For Our Generation

Some Words For Our Generation

Cracking the code.

7
Some Words For Our Generation
Tumblr

As I've stated in many previous articles, I sometimes believe that our generation is a tad, for lack of better words, screwed. We are casual, we accept, we cut corners and we disregard. We are liberated into a society of texting, crude humor, big t shirts, title-less relationships and much more. As it is much easier to be one of the crowd, (And I say this from some experience) I assure you, it is far more rewarding to stand above it.

Let me tell you something that really grinds my gears. None of these topics are any more or less important than the others. However, first, I'll cover communication. Girls, watch your mouths. Stop cruising like sailors. Pro tip: keep an eye out for boys who speak like this in front of you. Find a gentleman. Boys, find a lady. Find someone whose character you admire.

Another pro tip: call someone. If you think she's interesting, if you think she's a cool girl, if you want to get to know her: call her. Ask her if she wants to maybe go get a snowball this Thursday and you guys can chat more. This may blow your mind, but maybe even go on a date. Throw out the terms "talking" and "friends with benefits." I know this is sounding super crazy, but make time for people. You guys need to experience, feel, and cherish moments. Put down the phones and spend time with people, whoever they may be.

This took me a little while to master, so I'll let you in on it so you can figure it out before I did. Girls, guys notice if you're a good girl. Guys, girls notice if you're a good guy. They're rare these days. They will notice who does, who doesn't and who is. I assure you. I think we are all tired of the same old, same old. I don't think anyone will verbalize this, but I think we are all looking for something good. It is just becoming harder and harder to find.

Start taking pride in everything you do. The small tasks, the large tasks and the not-so-fun tasks. Ditch the "first world problems." Not every task you have to do is a burden. In fact, each difficult task you take part in develops character, determination and work ethic. You'll make it, I promise.

Most importantly, THINK. Think about the kind of person you want to be. If I covered everything, I'd be writing all day. Furthermore, I hope you get it. I hope you cling to these FEW words and make a HUGE revelation. You are awesome. Behave that way.