6 Of My Favorite Bites In Tally

6 Of My Favorite Bites In Tally

For those of you looking to try new foods here in town, look no further.

461

Ever since I can remember, I have been obsessed with food. Both of my parents are incredible cooks and my mom can make some amazing desserts. So naturally, I created a love for food. Not necessarily making the food, because I can't cook to save my life, but enjoying the meals prepared for me. Any trips I have taken have involved eating at fun restaurants, trying specialty foods, and essentially eating my way through that city or country. If I had to make a list of my favorite foods across the world, my list would go on and on. Today, I am going to give you some of my favorite meals right here in Tally. All kinds of food and at all different price points. So without further ado, here are some of my favorite bites in my hometown in no particular order.

1. "FGF 'Mackin' Cheese" at Food Glorious Food.

This Mac n' Cheese is so amazing. I have been eating at this restaurant with my family since I was about 5 and have been ordering this meal for at least 10 years. The dish includes a creamy 3-cheese sauce, bacon, taso (basically ham), and collard greens. The pasta itself soaks in the cheese sauce and makes the meal even better. A cheat day is well spent at Food Glorious Food.

2. Bubble Bread from Bella Bella.

Bella Bella is honestly the only Italian restaurant I will go to since returning from my trips to Italy. The Chicken Parmesan Sub on the lunch menu is to die for, the Spinach and Roasted Garlic Ravioli is incredible, but nothing can replace my love for their Bubble Bread. It is garlic spread, gorgonzola, and mozzarella covering Italian bread baked to perfection. No meal at Bella Bella is complete without Bubble Bread.

3. Apple Brie Panini from Paisley Cafe.

Paisley's food is not only delicious but something that will most likely end up on your Instagram feed. The vibe of the restaurant is super calm and enjoyable both inside and outside. Their menu is filled with unique pressed sandwiches, soups, and plates that are all so hard to choose between. But once I tried the Apple Brie Panini, I haven't gone back. The bread is nice and toasted, the brie is unbelievable, and the granny smith apples are the perfect sweet addition. All of the flavors blend perfectly.

4. Sunrise in NYC Roll from Izzy Pub and Sushi Bar.

Sushi is a daily craving for me and when I discovered Izzy, I fell in love instantly. They have a great lunch special to try their more simplistic, common rolls for a really great price. That means I can inhale 3 rolls for a low price and that makes me happy. But they also have great specialty rolls, like Sunrise in NYC. This roll contains Salmon, Krab, Cream Cheese, Avocado, and Masago, and is panko fried roll. I normally don't enjoy fried rolls but this one changed the game for me.

5. Nick's Buffalo Bleu from Spear It.

Your girl is a huge fan of all things buffalo chicken. Wraps, pizzas, you name it. But this sub from Spear It is definitely my favorite in Tally. The chicken is cooked to perfection with a breading that is not too thick or too thin. It is then tossed in their buffalo bleu sauce (combo of buffalo and bleu cheese, duh) that has an enjoyable amount of heat to it. It is paired with lettuce and includes fries on the side to complete your new go-to sub.

6. Pimento Cheese Fritters from Lucilla.

Lucilla is a sweet little restaurant that my parents eat at constantly. I decided to join them not too long ago and tried these fritters for the first time. I have never had pimento cheese fritters before and they were absolutely incredible. The breading is light and compliments the cheese on the inside really well. They are served with a peach glaze/jelly and it all blends so nicely. It is a lighter, classier, more creative version of mozzarella sticks and I am totally here for it.

All of these meals fill me up and keep me coming back to these restaurants time and time again. All of these places have so many other dishes to offer that are just as delicious. Make it a mission to try these foods for yourself and I promise you won't regret it. Go on and embrace being the foodie that you are, clearly, I'm here to support it.