Writers Block: Is This Okay?

Writers Block: Is This Okay?

Some late night thoughts

I am currently trolling the internet looking for inspiration. I’m looking for some piece of news, an event, an opinion that will trigger some passion.

The New York Times has yet another piece on Trump's inadequacy as a president. The Odyssey online has tons of fun articles which reflect the inner workings of the enigmatic minds of us millennials, and YouTube is currently breaking records with a video of a dancing pug.

In the middle east countries are imposed with stern dictatorships, government bureaucracy divides the wealthy from the majority population and poverty is rampant.

Sex trafficking still exists and back here in the states a prominent doctor of the women’s American Gymnastics Team has just been incarcerated for molesting hundreds of teenage girls.

Not to say I don’t understand the magnitude of any of these events, and not to say they aren’t important, but I am not triggered.

So now I delve into the question is this okay?

Is it okay to go through a period of indifference?

Or am I ignorant for not feeling passion despite volumes of injustice and corruption in this world?

Maybe my mind is on overload. Maybe all this stimulation has stunted my emotions. The exposure in modern day society to information is constant. Our cellphones beep with messages from all platforms of social media. Targeted advertising exists with the goal to entice and inform. Not to mention TV, computers, smart watches, and you name it, control every stimulus exposed to us.

Is it possible that our minds have become numb to information? It seems nothing impacts anyone anymore. Or maybe I’m so consumed with my own life and my personal thoughts that I can’t see anyone else’s. I’m not sure. But what I do know is that exploration is key.

We must all push our limits, get out of our comfort zone and find what triggers all of us. Passion is key to happiness, key to success and key to discovering ourselves as individuals. A life without passion is not a life.