Society Lies, Jesus Speaks Truth

Society Lies, Jesus Speaks Truth

Society fills our minds with lies but we can turn to Jesus for the truth
70

We live in a society today that feeds our minds devastating lies that strike up insecurities and fears that begin to hold us back from the fullness of life. The worst part is, in choosing to believe these lies that society instills in us, we say no to the truth that Jesus has to offer.

Do you find yourself constantly saying “I’m not (skinny, funny, smart, etc.) enough”. “I have so much to be afraid of, especially the future”. “I’m unlovable, I’ve been hurt so many times there’s no way anyone could ever love me”. Maybe the lie you tell yourself is “I’ve got it all under control. My timing is the best timing."

When these lies that society instills in us begin to get the best of you, I challenge you to look towards the truth Jesus provides for us.

You are more than ENOUGH.

In fact, He died on a cross because He thought YOU were worth dying for. The verse “fearfully and wonderfully made”, although used frequently is often overlooked, as it speaks a beautiful truth. God had no doubt when he placed each and every hair on your head that you were intended to be everything that you are today. Jesus tells you that you are beautiful, you are compassionate, you are kind, you are loved beyond measure and because of that, you are more than enough.

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Eph. 2:10

You are loved beyond measure.

More than you could ever possibly understand. Psalm 86:15 speaks incredibly well to this. “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness”. The words abounding and steadfast are remarkable indicators that this love is unlike any other that we will ever experience. You must begin to love yourself and accept the incredible amount of love Jesus has to offer before you can be loved by anyone else.

God's timing is always the best timing.

Believe it or not, you don't have it all figured out. Everything isn't just going to fall right into place the way you had it planned but that is okay because God's plan is even more incredible than the one you came up with. That guy broke your heart because the guy you're with now knew the way you deserved to be loved. Your best friends abandoned you because they didn't know your heart and your new friends do. Your job fell through because your purpose was elsewhere.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are high than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts". Isaiah 55: 8-9

The future is in His hands.

You have nothing to be afraid of. It is so easy for us to convince ourselves that we know it all and we are in control but Jesus is always quick to remind us, sometimes in a brutally evident way, that your plans aren’t superior to those He already has for you. Your future has already been created by someone who cares so deeply for you and knows everything that there is to know, that is pretty ridiculously comforting.

• “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand”. Proverbs 19:21.