Socialism Hasn't Worked For Any Other Country, Why Do You Think It Would Work Here?

Here are some of the things that Bernie Sanders would change if he became president. Just because he says it's free doesn't make it free people.

45

Bernie Sanders is becoming the front runner for the Democratic presidential nomination. And so many people think what he is doing is great and that by giving everyone free stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. But have people really done their research or are they just listening to someone telling them that they will get everything basically free?

Bernie Sanders wants to abolish the death penalty said in 2015 and 2017 that the death penalty needs to be abolished, the Hill reported back in 2017 that sanders said in a Tweet that "Virtually every Western I industrialized country has chosen to end capital punishment. The United States should join them". https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/328959-sanders-calls-for-us-to-end-death-penalty

And he still stands by that today, you can go to Politico.com and look at what he is for and wants to change, this includes to abolish the death penalty, and to give prisoners life without parole. Like that's going to help we already have overcrowded prisons.

He also supports abortion all the way up to 36 weeks, that is a fully formed baby, he talked about this back in 2016 both he and Hilary Clinton were for late-term abortion,https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/aug/09/viral-image/fact-checking-bernie-sanders-abortion-position/how is this right? that is a human life that can live outside of the womb. The cut off for a woman to have an abortion is between 18-20 weeks, which is right before the fetus would be able to live outside the womb.

He wants to make college free for everyone, this would be nice, but looking at all the colleges in the country and how many students attend those colleges, how would you propose to pay for everything? I think college tuition should be cut in half, but not be free.

People today want everything to be free, they just want things handed to them, and that's why they want Bernie Sanders as President.

He wants Medicare for all, this would cost 30-40 trillion dollars that's just for medicare, he said this himself on his 60 minutes interview. He said that they don't have a price tag for everything he wants to do. https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/24/politics/bernie-sanders-donald-trump-2020/index.html

And he also said in that same interview that Fidel Castro was not all bad, "We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know?" Sanders said on CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview that aired Sunday. "When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?"

Seriously, this dictator had people shot for going against him, his literacy programs were really reeducation programs, and you think by saying that he had a literacy program, that makes him not such a bad person really. Sanders praises countries like Cuba. Cuba is one of the worst countries under socialism, and he wants to bring that here.

Socialism hasn't worked anywhere, and it won't work here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/23/politics/sanders-fidel-castro-cuba/index.html