Now That We Have All The Time To Scroll Through Social Media, It's Getting Annoying

How many scrolls can my thumb take before it breaks down?

10

I never thought I would ever say this, but constantly looking at my phone screen is starting to get really boring. The new thumb routine of moving from app to app is feeling very repetitive. It's the type of routine I wanted in the days where I was busy and exhausted but now that I have these days of doing nothing and staring at Netflix and my phone, I hate it. I am longing for the day where I am so distracted by my life that I don't even remember looking at my phone.

It is so weird to me now that this type of dream is a reality of ours now. The roles have reversed where we no longer want to stay in and play video games or look at Instagram but we want to play outside and be a part of the real world.

A lot of times we as humans always think the grass is greener on the other side, I personally thought that I would love weeks upon weeks of not leaving my house, not being busy and just making a schedule on my own timeline. I never would have thought that the schedule of moving from Instagram to Tik Tok could get so irritating. After a while it makes me feel like I am rotting in place, whether my bed or the couch.

So I have taken it upon myself to parental control my social media apps for a while, this will make me stay off them and get the productive work done instead of watching endless videos of peoples' cats. As much as the cats make me happy, I have realized that my mental health gets effected after hours and hours of watching these videos. And during this quarantine, we should all come out a little better than before so I might as well work a little on my mental health and clean my room while I'm at it.