So What I Choose To Stay Out Of Politics? Sue Me

I don't let politicians decide how I view people.

123

Midterms are up and the ballots and final decisions are cast. Whoever won, won. We are a new generation of voters and yes, how we perceive our government is important.

Let's get one thing straight, I didn't vote. I didn't cite now, I didn't vote in 2016. Sue me. I know I had the chance to vote but the first time, I was lost. It was popular to hate Trump because of the shady things he's done, and very popular to LOVE Hilary, despite the shady things she's done. I didn't really have a preference. Now I notice the changes Trump is making and I'm pretty impressed but that doesn't make him a better person.
People can't distinguish the two. They refuse to acknowledge the changes he's making because he's a "racists, homophobe, sexist, rapist" the list goes on.
Hilary seems like a wonderful caring person, but she's also been fired for shady things, the whole email thing and how she might be sharing confidential information with the WRONG people. I'm not that educated on the bad she's done but I didn't vote so why should it matter to me? It doesn't.

"Do you not care about the future of our country?" Yes, of course, I care. What I do not care for is the negativity and hate that is given from each side. The leftist claim that they spread positivity and that they are just "angels" but once you have a different opinion, they spit on you, push you downstairs, punch you, call you a racist and homophobic (even if you're not). The right is pretty much the same when it comes to abortion, gay marriage, and when you say you're a liberal, you're called immature and not educated on this country's history. To be frank, I've received much more hatred from the left instead of the right ESPECIALLY because I didn't vote.

Twitter @ColtonWinters_

Not voting was my choice, and it doesn't make me "cool and different." Not voting made me feel safe. I live in a society where if you don't vote/believe what they want you to believe, violence occurs. On Election Day, I saw over the span of 24 hours "if you voted for ____ unfriend/unadd/block me." Are you serious?? You would completely shut out someone just for their OWN opinion?? Isn't that what the Bill of Rights is for? The freedom to say what you want, publish what you want, and believe what you want.

I don't write this to shame people for being highly involved in politics or for people who definitely felt the need to vote because I'm proud of you. I'm tired of being told that I'm terrible for making a choice for myself. Yes, I am just a white girl from Georgia. I'm not that oppressed. I have faced my own shit and will continue to advocate just for myself and refuse to listen to those who think yelling, talking badly, or blocking me will solve this political issue, go for it. Please. I don't love myself any less.