So, TikTok Didn't Get Banned

So, TikTok Didn't Get Banned

They had us scared for a minute there.

67
So, TikTok Didn't Get Banned

If you are one of the 15 million American users on TikTok you know that TikTok was supposed to get banned in the United States over the weekend. However, this did not happen. In fact, the opposite happened. The government just stopped talking about it. There was no "false alarm" announcement or anything, it just kind of disappeared.

However, on Friday July 10th, TikTok glitched. Of course American users were expecting the worse. They thought that this was the start of the banning, but the glitch was happening all over the world. That is where it got weird. If only America was supposed to ban TikTok, then why was this glitch happening all over the world? Long story short, TikTok sent out a tweet later that day that there ahd been a glitch and that they were working on fixing it, so all was good.

In those few hours that TikTok was glitching, I visited the "lives" of some popular TikTokers. Some were sad, but excited for their future outside of TikTok, while others were sobbing. Then, I relaized that TikTok was so much more than an app to watch funny videos on. TikTok is the source of some creators' income, and the absence of it would cut of their income. It was sad to see people break down. Some TikTokers had a "this is just the beginning" attitude, which is totally fine, but they were the more popular TikTokers.

I guess wha tI am trying to say is, TikTok didn;t get banned, and probably won't, at least for a while. The government seems to have stopped focusing it as a major porblem (I wonder why?), and the TikTok community seems to have forgotten about it as well. So you are free to learn all the dances you want! Happy TikToking everyone!