My Best Friend And I Grew Apart

My Best Friend And I Grew Apart

So long, partner.

28
My Best Friend And I Grew Apart
Author's photo

I always wanted a friend who would last for life. So when I am 16 I can vent about the person who broke me, and they'll understand and encourage me to move on. So when I am 25 I can watch them walk down the aisle, and drink a lot of wine after. So when I am 40 we can travel to many places and have an adventure.

But I realize that sometimes people change; for the worst or best.

After five years of knowing one person, I assumed I had someone who would be a friend for life. Who would support my decisions in life, as I equally support her's? As well as be the most honest people to each other, because we dealt with a lot of fake friends together. We went through a lot of bad times to figure out our good times, and what we need to fix for ourselves. We both put our friendship before anything, including relationships and terrible family members.

However, that person didn't support my decisions in my life. I can't blame her for her decision, but I can say it was something that really made me realize that there are more and better people out there for me. Not that she was a bad person for me, she was terrific as a friend. I never had a friend like her, but she isn't the kind of person that could handle my life now. I realized that I needed people who can respect that I am a very busy person.

Since I was adulting by make better choices in life by working, producing a short film and dealing with college, I too made a mistake. I stopped listening. I was so caught into my work and trying to become something that I didn't listen to the person who needed my attention as well.

After we argued about her blocking me out, using me as someone to just yell at because she is pissed off for some reason, and having serious trust issues because of the fake friends and relationships. She agreed to change and luckily did, because I had the old her back.

I agreed to actually listen, and try harder. I tried and listened...for awhile. It wasn't intentional to not be there, it was just life was there and needed to be changed.

It wasn't all her fault or mine. Just a realization that things change.

When you get older, things will change. I changed by becoming a better person. She changed as becoming her own person.