7 Reasons Snow Days In College Are So Much Better Than In High School

No one appreciates a snow day more than a college student.

38

Yes, I am a junior in college and yes I still wish for snow days. There is something so exciting about knowing that all of your responsibilities are put on hold, even if it is just for a short 24 hours.

1. That test is postponed for ANOTHER week

You can sleep soundly knowing you just bought so more time to prepare.

2. All of your friends are within walking distance (or may even live with you)

There's no better time for a sleepover.

3. You probably won't have to make up the days

Odds are professors will postpone the class' plans to the next time you have class. Thankfully at GW, we don't need to worry about the "180 days of school" requirement.

4. You can stay up late doing work OR relaxing

Turn off all of your alarms and do what you please!

5. Sometimes you really needed a self care day, but couldn't fit in your schedule otherwise

It is so important to spend time on yourself. In order to present the best version of you, you need to take time to reflect and treat yourself to the things that make you happy.

6. You can catch up on the sleep you definitely don't have

Sleep is a requirement— not a luxury.

7. You don't have to go outside and help your parents shovel or clean the car off

We all have to admit, shoveling is not the move and will never be.