5 Foods to Keep On Hand For Your Next Snow Day

Snow days are about eating entire pints of ice cream by yourself.

68
unsplash.com

Snow days. Even just hearing or seeing those words alone elicits an incomparable joy. When you hear those words, suddenly everyone turns into a little kid again and all you can think about is sledding, snowmen, hot chocolate, and overall-just plain old fun. But, no snow day is complete without one critical component: the food. Not only is the hot chocolate important, but you must also have on hand a number of other snacks. Below, the list of 5 necessary snacks that one must have on hand in order to have a successful snow day:

1. Hot Chocolate

As aforementioned, hot chocolate is clearly a must. It should be simultaneously required to have marshmallows and/or whipped cream on hand in order to complement said hot chocolate, but I won't get too picky. Regardless, no cold day could be complete without a hot drink by your side.

2. Ice Cream

To change direction from the necessity of a hot drink, ice cream is actually just as important when it comes to snow days. Personally, I find it critical to have at least one pint per person on hand, but you do you. Just make sure you have enough to go around and no-one has to fight over flavors.

3. Popcorn

After a tiring game of throwing snowballs around or sledding comes the time to get into sweats or pajamas and just sit yourself down in front of the TV. Naturally, this means that you need popcorn to go along with any movies or shows you might be watching. I mean, who doesn't love mindless snacking in front of the TV?

4. Baked Goods

This can be cookies, brownies, or anything like that. There's nothing more enjoyable than biting into a warm and fudgy brownie or chocolate chip cookie just as there's snow falling outside. Bonus points if you bake (read: eat raw cookie dough or cake batter) the goods and then get to eat them straight out of the oven.

5. Anything with Cheese and/or Sauce

We've finally made it to the real food section. And by real food I mean that you must be prepared with either pizza, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, or something equally as carb filled and cheesy. This will not only satisfy your salty craving, but will also leave you full and happy with warm gooey cheese and if that isn't your goal then I don't know what it is.

The bottom line is clear. Food is a must when it comes to snow days. Snow days are about snowball fights, relaxing, and above all: overeating. So, as the snow starts to pile up outside, make sure to get stocked up with your Duncan Hines brownie mix and your Kraft Mac and cheese so that you'll never be left without the proper equipment when the happy announcement of cancelled classes comes your way.