Snow Day Expectations Vs. Reality

Snow Day Expectations Vs. Reality

Well...I tried.

87
Snow Day Expectations Vs. Reality
Google Images

Just a few days ago, we were hit with the biggest snowstorm of the season, causing school and work closings everywhere. I don’t know about you, but I personally love snow days because it gives me a chance to sleep in and catch up on some schoolwork…at least that is my intention. When you’re snowed in it’s the perfect opportunity to get some work done, but for some reason it just never turns out that way. There is always one distraction or another that prevents me from successfully completing my productive snow day plan. But hey, at least I tried, right? My intentions were good. A for effort, right?

1. Expectation: Sleeping in.

Every time there is a snow day, my first plan for the day is to catch up on some sleep by sleeping in. I always think I am going to wake up around 11:00-11:30am and feel so good and rested. Yeah, no. My internal clock can be a real bitch sometimes.

Reality:

*rolls over as I wake up to check the time*: what the hell? Only 9:00am? Seriously? *Tries to go back to sleep, but fails*: Ugh, oh well. Now I can get an early start to homework, get done earlier and have more time to relax.

2. Expectation: Breakfast

I don’t know about you, but I always expect to have some delicious, cozy breakfast on snow days. But once I get up, I’m either too lazy to make something or there’s nothing in the house, and I’m snowed in so I can’t go anywhere to get anything.

Reality:

Okay, I could make some French toast or pancakes or something. Ugh, that’s going to take forever, though, and I’m so hungry. Definitely don’t want to wait for pancakes to be ready. There’s nothing good that’s quick, either. Perfect. Guess I’ll be having a pop tart. Such a great breakfast.

3. Expectation: Homework

I always have this super productive snow day plan to get all my work done so I can just relax for a few days without feeling guilty and drowning in stress, but no. Of course this never happens as planned. There’s just too many distractions, and the distractions always win.

Reality:

Okay, time to get some work done. Oh man, I’m going to be so happy once it’s all done, so I can finally relax and not feel guilty or stressed for a few days. Okay, let’s start with the essay. Writing and eyes catch a glance at the Netflix tab. Then the YouTube tab. Ignore it, just ignore it. Pretend you never even saw it. You’ll be done in a few hours, then you can binge watch. Focus. Eyes glance again. Next thing you know you’re six episodes deep with a half-eaten bag of chips next to you. Damn it, how did this happen?!

Now you’re all disappointed in yourself because you could be watching Netflix guilt-free had you just stuck to your plan. Oh well. Now you can have your cuddly Netflix snow day like you originally planned.

There’s always the next snow day to be productive, right?