Any 90's hip hop fan is sure to have heard of Snoop Doggy Dog. However, nowadays Snoop's filled his bowl with a number of ventures aside from music. He's blossomed as an entrepreneur and did everything from acting to podcasts, he also released a cookbook.
Now when I first got wind of it I was skeptical but when someone becomes a regular at Martha Stewart's dinner table, you start to wonder. So I decided to give it a try and picked up the cookbook.
It must have been popular because I was out of stock when I originally got it from Amazon. Some weeks later, yes actually weeks! My book arrived and it's definitely got character as far as cookbooks go. Flipping through the recipes I got pretty excited because there's some decent stuff in there. I can't wait to try them all but here are the ones that made the top of my list.
The King Classic Caesar
- With romaine wedges, basically chicken and crouton boats.
Spaghetti De La Hood
- A classic with ground sirloin meatballs, don't forget the garlic bread.
The Last Meal Shrimp Alfredo
- Last meal because that's pretty much all I had this past week.
- Jamaican style Jerk Chicken with loads of spices
The Next Level Salmon
- With white wine and Dijon
Biscuits With Tha Thickness Gravy
- I'm imagining him taking a tray to county fairs for judging.
Gimme S'mores Pie
- Yes, the crust is homemade.
Suited & Booted Loaded Nachos
- Which can also be made vegetarian, I learned that after forgetting the beef.
- But you have to crust your own bacon.
- The Bourbon makes it gangsta I think…
Essentially whatever you're in the mood for, this book's got you covered. It goes over drinks, holidays, snacks, you name it. He even added a couple Gin & Juice recipes in there. What's so special about them? I'll leave that to Tha Boss Dogg himself.