Why The New Snapchat Update Is An Atrocity For Millennials

Where did Snapchat go wrong? Oh yes, with this new update.

775
pexels.com

Recently, everyone seems to be discussing one thing: the new Snapchat update.

One of the biggest forms of social media nowadays, where people talk, text, and can easily share what is going on in their lives. With all sorts of features where you can video chat, post links, and even send money.

It recently incorporated Bitmoji into it, where people customize an avatar to look like them, which you can then send along with your pictures. Adding a fun and interesting way to communicate.

Snapchat is smart, it provides features that make the app-users want to continue using the app. Like streaks. Streaks form after you have been continuously Snapchatting your friend for three days. Then you get the fire emoji, along with the day counter. I am sure you have heard people, or received snaps that say, "F**** I just lost my streaks!" I'm guilty of it, I am sure you are too.

Snapchat also uses a heart when you and your friend are both each other's number one friend on Snapchat, and for the other people who have made it on your list, you just have a smiley face emoji, which I changed to a poop emoji because it makes me laugh... It's the little things.

A more creepy feature is the Snapmap... If you don't intentionally mean to have it on, like I did at first, make sure you turn it off. Unless you want those randos you have on Snapchat seeing where you are... And we all have those randos.

There are so many features that I am excluding because there are too many to list them all, like Geofilters... Those are pretty neat. However, within the last two weeks or so, people's Snapchats have been updating by themselves. And the majority of the users are not too happy about it.

This new update makes it nearly impossible to find who you have recently Snapchatted, where your streaks are, and even how to navigate the app itself. Not only is the update itself horrible, but Snapchat did not take their time to explain the new, and unwanted, features.

Snapchat used to be fun, you would go on, reply to your friends, see what's up, MAYBE look at everyone's stories, see what's happening on Buzzfeed or IGN, or other articles your subscribed to and then carry on with your life.

Now, it is more of a chore, finding the friends that you have to Snapchat, having to look at stories from people that you don't even know so that it stops saying, "scroll down for new stories!" And now, I can't even find the articles I'm subscribed to... I barely even know how to find my own stories.

While the negative additions to this update can probably go on forever, I'll leave it at this: Snapchat, please go back to the update before this, we don't deserve you flaunting Bitmoji in our faces, or your promotional ads. #BringoldSnapchatback.