These 3 Smoothies Cleared My Acne-Prone And Scarred Skin

These 3 Smoothies Totally Cleared My Acne-Prone And Scarred Skin

How I drank my way to flawless skin.

13587

With this summer being the first of its kind for most people to be in the midst of a global pandemic, almost everyone is beginning to have an overall focus on improving their health.

What I realized, in particular, was the appearance of your skin is sometimes a direct result of the food you eat. After putting this principle to the test and having glowing results (pun intended) I proudly present three smoothies that helped clear my skin.

1. Blueberry And Spirulina Smoothie

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup of blueberries

- 1 cup of orange juice

- 1 scoop of spirulina powder

How it works:

Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, this smoothie is so simple to make. All berries contain antioxidants, but drinking blueberries in particular help lessen the appearance of acne on prone skin types.

Spirulina is a blue-green algae super powder that contains free radicals that detoxify the skin and increase the skin's metabolism for a faster cell turnout. With my skin a victim of hyperpigmentation, this smoothie helped me clear up my dark spots.

2. Papaya And Coconut-Pineapple Smoothie

Ingredients:

- ⅓ cup of papaya chunks

- ½ cup of pineapple chunks

- 1 cup of coconut water

- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds

How it works:

This smoothie is my favorite because of the coconut water which hydrates and refreshes the skin. Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, that can act as an anti-aging property, heal acne scars, and soothe inflamed skin.

Papaya contains vitamin A which helps remove the skin's inactive protein, and pineapples have vitamin c which improves the production of collagen. This smoothie helped revitalize my dull skin with glowy, supple skin, often having the confidence to skip putting on makeup.

Also, this smoothie is a healthier alternative to creamy tropical alcoholic drinks.

3. Green and ginger-banana smoothie

Ingredients:

- 1 banana

- 1 small thumb of ginger

- ½ cup of kale

- 1 cup of orange juice

How it works:

While I use to not be a huge fan of green smoothies (or ginger to be fair), this one has by far become one of my favorites. It has a beautiful vibrant green color with a sweet-spicy taste!

As the base for most smoothies, banana's contain huge amounts of potassium that help moisturize your skin. Ginger contains antioxidants that help to reverse the aging of the skin.

Kale is a green that contains a number of vitamins and beta-carotene that repairs the skin.

This smoothie is not only a way for me to get my greens in for a healthy detox, but this smoothie helps revitalize my dry skin.