"Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" (Cover)

My rendition of John Mayer's "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room."

43
Lauren Cusa

For my second video here at Odyssey I wanted to sing a different style of music, so I chose "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" by John Mayer.

This song has no hidden meaning behind it. It's a song of heartbreak and sadness. It can be about two people in a relationship who are both feeling that this is coming to an end, but neither of them is willing to actually break up yet because of how comfortable they have been and how the reality of not being together frightens them. It can also be about unrequited love. The person could be in love with someone, while the other person either played and used them to hurt them OR just does not feel the same way.

My favorite line in this song is "How dare you say it's nothing to me-- baby you're the only light I've ever seen." I love it because to me it shows the entire feeling of hurt and how both people usually blame the other, but the person is acknowledging that there will always be a special place in their heart for the other.

Hope you guys enjoy this cover!

You can find more of my musical work on...

Instagram: www.instagram.com/constantina.sings

Facebook: www.facebook.com/DiaTsouklidisMusic