Sleeping On A Sorority Porch, As Told By Parks And Rec

Non-Greeks will never get it.

405
Morgan Stewart

Sleeping porches are unique, magical places that are virtually impossible to describe or justify to anyone who has yet to experience one. Each one has its own characteristics and set of rules which must be followed and broken, accordingly (you won't believe the threats you receive when you even think about turning off a fan). Porches become purgatories for lost socks, forgotten water bottles, and various belongings you wouldn't find in normal bedrooms - but then again, this is the furthest thing from a "normal" bedroom.

It is safe to say that sleeping porches are one of the weirdest traditions of Greek life, but they are also one of the best. The annoyance we sometimes feel for having practically no alone space is only balanced out by being able to experience this with the friends that turned into family. There is no other place outside of college and the Greek community that not only normalizes being surrounded by members of your chapter 24/7 but also gives you an experience you can't receive anywhere else.

1. The first night you realize you have to sleep in a room with at least 6 people.

2. When the one girl who denies she snores sleeps next to you.

3. When you're the only one on the porch at night.

4. When someone plays snap stories at 2 am without headphones.

5. When someone won't stop talking in their sleep.

6. When someone feels the need to break up a cuddle party.

7. When a person's on a bottom bunk and they don’t make a butt hut.

8. When you one up the butt hut idea and make a legit fort.

9. When someone comes in after a fun night out.

10. When you realizes sleeping porches aren't a thing outside of college and eventually you will have to sleep alone again.