Slay Spring Semester Sickness!

Slay Spring Semester Sickness!

Beat the cold this year

26
Slay Spring Semester Sickness!
Coughing

There's snow blowing around, way too much to do, and everyone in your class is sick. From the first sniffle, you know..you're in for some wild, long lasting virus that gets passed between you and your roommate for what seems like forever. Here are 5 ways to beat the Spring Sickness and break the cycle!

1. Vitamins/Airborne

If you are starting to feel under the weather, or maybe you hooked up with someone who is not quite the epitome of health the next day, taking some vitamins can help reduce cold symptoms. I recommend Airborne, which is an immune support supplement that is over the counter and relatively inexpensive. They come in dissolvable tabs, gummies, chewables and even lozenges.

2. The Cough Drop Trick

My mother always swore by this trick, and once I tried it and it saved my throat, I swear by it too. All you do is simply make a hot cup of tea with the tea bag of your choice and drop a cough drop into it. Give it a few minutes to dissolve, and viola.. magical throat cure! The taste is a little strong if you use menthol cough drops, but adding honey will cut that intensity, and it has added health benefits!

3. Green Tea

Green tea has lots of health benefits, including immunity boosters! If the taste is too strong for you, try adding honey or cinnamon.

4. Vicks

Vicks VapoRub is an actual miracle. It is a few dollars at Walmart, and rubbing it on your sinuses, neck, and under your nose is a easy cure for congestion. I like to do it at night, so I can wash it off in the morning and not smell like a walking tube of IcyHot. Seriously though.. this stuff works.

5. Hydration

You know the drill.. Just drink it!