6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Wait To Travel

Buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown and just GO!

21
Samantha Mair

1. Time

T-R-A-V-E-L

“The trouble is, you think you have time”-Buddha.

Time is the one thing you’ll never get back. Traveling is an experience that promotes freedom, exploration and the search for whatever it is you’re looking for. Whether you’re traveling to escape, or because you’re looking to create yourself, you mustn’t wait. If you have a bucket list, a vision, a fantasy abroad, the only thing getting in your way is you. You’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did do. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.

2. Revolution

T- R- A- V- E- L

“It’s better to travel well than to arrive”-Buddha.

We are living in a travel revolution, where distance and lack of transportation are no longer factors. There exists a new phenomenon that supports the wanderlust souls who wish to spend money on experiences rather than possessions. We have access to people across the world, and the means to go anywhere we wish. Long gone are the days of making excuses about going abroad because technology has granted us the freedom to now do so, take advantage of the opportunities, and make the most of our current state of global freedom. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.

3. Adventure

T- R- A- V- E- L

“There is no path to happiness; happiness is the path”-Buddha.

Nothing sets our souls on fire like doing something that scares us. The best things in life are those which are the most fulfilling. Adventure is nothing more than a vehicle to achieving happiness and finding a passion. Travel lends you the opportunity to do as you wish, and let go of the so-called certainties of our current state of existence. It gives you the ability to free-fall into a new world, one that will let you step far outside your comfort zone. If you are lost, stuck in a place that doesn’t wake you up every day excited to be alive, make a change. The biggest risk in life is to take no risks at all. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.

4. Value

T- R- A- V- E- L

“In the end, only three things matter- how much you loved, how genuinely you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you”-Buddha.

Value comes in different forms, and can be found in every situation. There is value in little things, big things, and everything in between. Travel provides you with unapologetic curiosity and opportunities to share and create value. You will learn to appreciate what you have, and experience that of others. You will take with you lessons, and leave behind your footprints. You will acquire new tastes, new passions, new things you never knew existed. And in turn, you will find value in all that you do, and all that you are. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.

5. Evolve

T- R- A- V- E- L

“Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it”-Buddha

Travel grants you with the ability to create yourself, and be the driver of your own life. The most detrimental factor to personal happiness is the expectation that society places on us. They tell us “go to college, get a job, start a family,” but where is the part about travel, experience, taking risks, freedom, and letting yourself evolve? You must make mistakes to learn. You cannot be old and wise unless you’re young and reckless. So listen to your heart, and let it take you wherever it desires. Change is good, so go with the tide and feel not the need to do what those “people” tell you is correct. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.

6. Learn

T- R- A- V- E- L

“Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it”-Buddha.

Travel is the most unconventional teacher. It provides you with lessons, experiences, challenges and joy. It’s not bound by four walls or a curriculum. It stretches across the globe, and makes up its material as it goes. Travel lets you learn about three things- who you are, what you're passionate about, and the world around you. Each person will take away different lessons, but that’s the beauty. Not one experience is the same. You learn to follow your heart, do what makes you feel alive, and appreciate all that this world has to offer. So buy that ticket, take the leap, jump into the unknown, and just GO.