15 Websites To Help You Cure Your Boredom

The internet is deeper than you thought it was.

13034
HD Wallpapers Download

The holidays can get pretty boring. You've seen your family, hung out with all your friends, been to all your usual spots at home and now you have nothing to do. Well, no fear! Here's a list of websites you can visit when you're bored out of your mind at home. They range from games to social media to random useless websites, so you're bound to find something you'll be interested in.

1. StumbleUpon

You could get lost on this website for hours, swirling into the depths of the deep, dark web. You sign in using google/facebook, choose from a list of topics that you’re interested in and click “stumble." It will automatically find you a random website/video/sound clip from anywhere on the internet based on the topics that you chose. You can find some pretty interesting things on there and half of the useless facts stored in my head are from “stumbling” through the inter-web. You’re welcome.

2. My Life Is Average

Here is where average people go to post average things that happen in their everyday lives. Except, half of the posts have never happened to me, so I’m not sure if MY life is unaverage or the people that go on the website make half of the shit up. Hm. Regardless, it’s funny to read all the things people claim have happened and cringe at some of the awkward stories.

3. Don't Even Reply

This website hasn’t been updated since the good old days of 2013, but there are so many posts on here I’m sure you’II never get through it all. It’s run by one guy who basically goes on classified ad posts and messes/confuses/pisses off whoever made the post. Then, he posts their correspondences on his website. It’s pretty hilarious and you can almost feel the frustration from the people he is messing with through your screen.

4. Freerice

Freerice is a non-profit website that works with the UN World Food Program towards two goals; providing free education to all and helping end world hunger. You answer questions and for each right answer you give, they donate 10 grains of rice to hungry people across the world. You can pick subjects you want to be quizzed on or just shuffle through the random questions they ask you. So far they have donated 93,832,268,242 grains of rice, which is enough to feed almost 5 million people. What. The. Heck.

5. Poptropica

This game was my LIFE when I was younger. It’s a virtual world game where you create your own character and travel to different islands to complete challenges and earn rewards. There’s an island where a meteorite has crashed into a prison and has given all the inmates super powers, so you have to go round them all up and bring them back to jail… There’s an island where a boy created a shrink ray that malfunctions and you have to save the day… There is even an island based on “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”!

6. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Game

If you are into RPG games or just loved the series, this game is for you. It is text-based, meaning you type in commands and the game's response is based off what you wrote. It’s full of personality and yet infuriating because you WILL die about a hundred times. The game even warns you of this before you begin, but trust me it is worth the anger – and that’s coming from one of the most impatient people ever (that’s me btw).

7. Open Puppies

Endless dog videos. Enough said.

8. Letters of Note

A really cool collection of interesting letters, notes, telegrams or other pieces of writing from around the world. Some of them are government related–such as the letter Buzz Aldrin wrote to a professor at the University of Maryland. Some are just adorable, like the letter a girl wrote to The Sun asking if Santa was truly real.

9. LifeHack

Hey, just because you're bored, it doesn't mean that you should waste your time losing brain cells over dumb cat videos –you should learn a thing or two! LifeHack is full of articles and ideas to help you improve your life in several different realms.

10. Buzzfeed

If you don't know what Buzzfeed is, you must have been living under a rock. It's a mixture of funny videos, quizzes, articles and relevant news posts. They also have a collection of Buzzfeed youtube videos, my personal favorite is Worth It? for if you like food videos.

11. MiniClip

This is a website full of free online games of every single genre. You can play against your friends, compete for a place on the leaderboard or play by yourself. There must be over a thousand games on here, so you're sure to find something that you'II enjoy. If you need a recommendation, Bloxorz is a fun puzzle game and so is Fireboy & Watergirl!

12. OnRead

Why not read a book? OnRead has a wide collection of online e-books for your reading pleasure. Everything is honest, people "give" books for other users to read when they are done with them.

13. Reddit

I'm not sure how to write a description for Reddit because it is literally everything on the internet combined into one website. It describes itself as a "community of individuals with ideas, the latest digital trends and breaking news" but I would just check it out for yourself.

14. MakeUseOf

A technology website full of the latest tech news, reviews and deals. There are tips and tricks to using different software, a bunch of app/software reviews and they do giveaways throughout the year

15. Get Work Done Music

Okay, hear me out. I know that you came to look at this post to find websites that would stop you from being bored, not help you get work done. However, this website provides super fun and upbeat music to get you in a better mood. Hey, it might make you get up and find something to do.

There you have it, 15 websites to keep you from going crazy this holiday season. Hopefully, you'II find something that you can waste your time on before school starts, and hey, you might even learn a thing or two!