To The Sister(s) I Have Always Wanted

To The Sisters I've Always Wanted, And Finally Have

I am incredibly grateful to have you in my life.

254

I believe in the notion that one always wants what they do not have. Growing up an only child, there was nothing I wanted more than to have the companionship of a sibling - to have someone to share with, someone to laugh with, someone to grow with. As I became a member of Delta Gamma early in my college career, I was thrilled at the thought of finally having the sister (or, in this case, sisters) that I had always wanted. Little did I realize, these women and I were not solely adopting the title of "sisters" that are bonded within the shared values of our sorority - we were about to become a major piece of one another's lives.

It has been said that, throughout one's college years, they are likely to meet their lifelong friends. Entering an extremely large university, I was perplexed by the idea that I would encounter a group of people that I would become so close with so quickly. To my pleasant surprise, this happened faster than I had ever expected.

After roughly one year of spending most of my days with these girls, I reflect back on the generous amounts of memories made in such a short period of time. It is incredible to recognize how well we had meshed from the beginning of our days as DGs all the way through the present. I have found the friends that I can share anything with, that I can laugh endlessly with, and that I can grow with on a daily basis.

I am inspired by all that they offer the world, as well as all they have taught me in regards to bettering myself and living each moment to the fullest.

I am grateful for the days in which they have been my support system at my highest of highs and my lowest of lows, and I can only hope to continue to do the same for them. Yet, overall, I am most appreciative of the constant joy that they bring to my life. They are the sisters I have always wanted, and I am proud to call them my friends.

Sacha, Katherine, Meghan, Jade, & Madison, I love you always.