To My Sister Who Was Never There, Thank You

Para mi hermana querida,

Sis, our father was too young when he had you with your mother but you still came into this world. Who knew you would've come with such hate towards me. What did I ever do? I've asked myself that for the past 19 years of my life.

Thank you for not being there when I was born.

Thank you for not being there for my first birthday or on any of my birthdays.

Thank you for always being the last one to congratulate me on my birthday, a day late.

Thank you for never being there to teach me to ride a bike or to read a book.

Thank you for never teaching me about periods or bras.

Thank you for never teaching how to conquest my crush.

Thank you for never me there for my high school graduation.

Thank you for never giving me your shoulder to cry on.

I still wonder if you ever loved me. You never mentioned to me but neither did I. Our father would constantly talk nice about you. But you would constantly talk crap about me.

How is it my fault I came into this world? How is it my fault your boyfriend cheats on you every time? How is it my fault you have different dads for all three kids of yours?

I never grew up with you but thank you. Thank you for those times you made me cry.

Thank You for those times you cursed me out and told me, I wasn't going to get anymore.

This is your hermanita, telling you today. Thank you because, in one way or another, you made me stronger. I learned how to ride a bike. I learned to read. I handle my first crush pretty great. I graduated from high school with honors. Soon this girl who was supposedly a nobody will be the best Physician Assitant there is in God's name. So, thank you, sis.