An Open Letter To My Sister From Another Mister

You've been there for as long as I can remember and I can't imagine my life without you.

443

To the girl who I know will be around forever,

We're currently sitting in a Starbucks in "your" city and I can't help but take in the amazing relationship we have. This is my second trip to see you within the last three months and the fourth within the last three years and I am still amazed at the fact that we can sit and catch up as if not a single second has passed. You can pick me up from literally JUST coming into town and hours later it feels like you picked me up from my house. The bond we have is something that I still can not fathom, even after ten years of friendship.

To this day and every day in between, I am still in awe of the person you are. From achieving your dreams, to finding new ones, you always seem to amaze me more and more each day. And it's bizarre because somehow, someway I'm still surprised at the things you can achieve. You have the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. The way you talk about your family with such love and devotion is incomparable. And the way you devote yourself to every little thing within your life is inspiring.

I like the fact that we can live almost 700 miles apart, go months without saying a word to each other, and the second we sit next to each other it is like we haven't seen each other in two days. I like the fact that we have literally grown up with each other and we haven't grown apart. I like the fact that we have grown into different people than we were when we met and our sense of humor is still somehow the same. I like the fact that we can joke about how eerily similar our families are and not bat an eyelash about it.

But most importantly, I love the person I am when I'm around you. You make me want to be better, do better, and achieve more. The love I have for you is one that I know will literally last a lifetime. You're the person I will be with if and when we don't get married. You're the person I want to call and plan out our future with. You're the person I want to live next door to for the rest of my life. You're the one person outside of my family that I know will always be in my life.

Let's be real, you're my soulmate and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Love,

The girl you're never getting rid of