How To Practice Self Love This Valentine's Day

All The Single Ladies - Here Are 5 Ways To Treat Yourself This Valentine's Day

Self love is love all by itself.

39

Hey, girl. I'm right there with you, and I totally get it.

Being single can kinda blow right now, but chances are; if you're anything like me, you're looking for something real and long-lasting.

Think of it this way, would you rather wait the long haul out and end up with your forever person, your true soulmate? Or would you rather give into the loneliness of it all and settle for someone that may provide a relationship less than you deserve?

That's what I thought. You're here because you're a lover. You love hard, and you're not going to settle.

That being said, you still do deserve to get some things in return while in single-hibernation-mode.

To provide you with some ideas, here are some things that you can do to give yourself the best, single Valentine's Day you've ever had.

1. Plan the whole day for yourself.

As people, especially maybe on a day like Valentine's, we sometimes forget to acknowledge our own needs and feelings.

Even if you don't have a significant other or a romantic life right now, you are still entitled to all of those things that go along with having love.

I challenge you to take a day like Valentine's, which may be a normally sad or annoying holiday to you, and use it to acknowledge your own needs and really take the day to get back in touch with the person you're guaranteed to have a lifelong relationship with: yourself.

2. Buy your favorite candy and don't be afraid to indulge!

Okay... for me, that's chocolate. and raspberries. Chocolate and raspberries.

Anywho, the whole point of this "treat yo self" tip is just to get something for yourself that is one of your favorite guilty pleasures. Think of it as you treating yourself in the way that you would want the perfect significant other to treat you in the future, and you'll have your standards set up just the way you want to have them met in the future.

Buy yourself the chocolate. Eat the whole oreo sleeve. You deserve it.

3. Take a bath & drink some bubbly.

Mmmmm... sounds nice, right?

Put on your favorite jams, grab some wine, and a bath bomb. A nice, relaxing detox of the body and mind is sometimes the best way to go.

Who doesn't love a romantic get away with themselves?

4. Watch your favorite chic-flick in your coziest pajamas.

This is a great follow up for the wine & bath situation.

Pop in your favorite flick, get in your favorite pajamas (or no pajamas ;D), and cuddle up on the couch or in bed with your favorite blanket.. and don't be afraid to get a good, romantic-film-cry in. Those are always good for the soul.

5. Write a love letter, addressed to you.

I know what you're thinking. This is cheesy as heck and embarrassing.

Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not, and that's it's actually an insanely bomb idea. Here's why.

Like I said before, you are the one that's going to be with you, guaranteed. Forever and ever.

Find everything that you can possibly think about yourself that you like, love, and/or are grateful for. Write it all down. Thank yourself for taking care of you. A little bit of this positive self-affirmation goes a long way.

If you haven't started this journey to self-love yet, this is the way to spend your Valentine's Day in 2019.