Being Single For Valentine's Day Actually Rocks

Trust me, I would know.

53

February 14th is the one day a year dedicated to L-O-V-E. I believe Valentine’s Day is simply a Hallmark holiday, but it still is important and special to lots of people out there. Don’t get me wrong though, I absolutely adore Valentine’s Day. Those of you that know me personally may be wondering how that is possible, since I have been single, technically, my eighteen years of living. Let me tell you, Valentine’s Day can be just as special, or even better, for the single folks out there.

1. No pressure.

V-Day is associated with a lot of expectations for people in relationships. It is supposed to be romantic and filled with material gifts that show one’s affection. Luckily, if you are single you don’t have to worry about possible disappointment or going negative in your bank account.

2. You can still spoil the people you love.

If you are a generous soul and just want to display your love, in a platonic way, to all your friends… you can! Show all your day-one-homies that you care about them by sending some flowers, buying chocolates, or even just signing a sappy card.

3. You don’t have to worry about eating too many chocolates/candies.

Literally eat your heart out on chocolate, candy, and anything heart-shaped. And here’s a tip from a V-Day single pro: stock up on all your favorite chocolate goodies from Walgreens the day after when everything is 50% off. Your wallet will appreciate it, however, your jeans might not.

4. Go out with your single friends.

Being single on V-Day is the perfect excuse to get dressed up and feel good. Hit the town with your single pals and paint it red. This applies to the single guys, too. Granted, they are more likely to go to Buffalo Wild Wings in sweatshirts but that works too.

5. Flirt and confess.

As long as you do it tastefully, flirting is not discouraged. V-Day is also the perfect time to tell that special someone you think they are special. Even if just telling that one grocery clerk they're cute, make the confession. If you are feeling the love, V-Day is the day to dish.

6. Treat yourself!!!

This is most important for the singles who are feeling down on V-Day. Do something to make yourself happy on V-Day. Buy yourself flowers, chocolate, or a new pair of shoes. Even though someone may not be loving you romantically at the moment, people do love you.

There is nothing wrong with being single, especially on Valentine’s Day. Seriously, this is so important. It’s just another day to love yourself and the people you are surrounded by. Do not let your relationship status cause you to have a bad day, especially on February 14th.