To The Single Parent During The Holidays

Lastly, I want to remind you that no matter what, your children love you unconditionally.

18
Unpslash via Arun Kuchibhotla

With the holiday season coming up, I think it's very important to bring up discussions that are not always talked about... Like the fact that not every child has both their parents together around the holidays. When we think of holidays, we think of families spending time together and being joyful. Unfortunately, not every family can celebrate that way!

To the single parents around the holidays, I want you to know a few things. The first thing is that the amount of work that you are putting in to make the holidays nice for your children is the perfect amount. I think as humans sometimes we get caught up trying to do the most perfect thing or trying to run ourselves into the ground over things that we cannot control. At the end of the day, you are still trying, and that's all that matters.

The second thing I want you to know is that the holidays are not supposed to be a stressful time. As much as we want to make it about gifts and things like that, it's always good to remind your children that this time of the year is for family and for being thankful.