To The Single Parent Who Got Me Through College

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

61
Christina Boniello

To my single parent,

I know I've written letters to you before, but I wanted to focus on the biggest part of my life: college.

For the past four years, you've been the one on the other end of all my constant calls and complaints surrounding all things college.

Throughout my life, you've taken on the role of mom and dad. You've done a pretty kick-ass job and I'm honored to call you my parent.

In the last four years, you have been the one to deal with everything. You haven't had the other person to turn to for advice or figuring out how to handle a situation.

Yet, somehow, you handled everything perfectly.

Even when I wasn't entirely forthcoming with all the information, you still knew what to say.

Thank you for always being someone I can lean on and trust, no matter what.

Despite being a single parent, you've always shown me enough love for both.

Now that I've graduated, I'm excited for what journeys are waiting for me. I know that as I continue to grow, you will always be around to help me when I fall.

You have sacrificed so much over the years and I have definitely not thanked you enough.

You put your life on hold to raise your kids and now you got to watch me walk across the stage a receive the most expensive piece of paper I'll ever hold.

None of my college career, high school years, middle school traumas or anything else in life would have been possible without you there next to me to guide me.

You are everything I aspire to be as a parent and I can only imagine what an incredible grandparent you'll be someday.

Dealing with a kid in college, especially since I lived a nice distance away, couldn't have been easy. I know how much you stress and constantly have your phone on you in case I need you.

Thank you for always being available and making sure I had everything I needed.

Because of you, I'm ready to take on the real world and show everyone what I'm made of. You shaped me into this person (so if you don't like her that's your fault) and I'm ready to leave my mark.

You inspire me every single day and I couldn't be luckier to have grown up with you by my side.

Thank you for being the greatest parent any girl could have asked for and for showing me unconditional love.

I love you lots and lots. Forever.