The Simple Pleasures Of Being An Over Planner

Everything that is so oddly satisfying about being a planner.

20

Yes, I am a planner. I enjoy knowing what I will be doing 20 minutes from now, and where I will be 30 years from now. If you feel like any/all of these next comments contribute to what is oddly satisfying to you, then you should share this article with your friends and family because you are as much as a planner as I am.

1. I already know what my wedding will be like; all I’m missing is the groom.

2. My hobbies include Pinterest-ing my future home and organizing each of the imaginary rooms of that house.

3. I have at least 30 notes on my phone with all of the things that I am currently planning. These include but are not limited to: Names for future pets, Names of my future children (obviously categorized by boy or girl), places I want to travel to (divided by whether or not I have been there before or not), amongst others.

4. My favorite app on my phone is Reminders because it tells me what I should be doing right now, what should already be done and what I will be doing in every second of my life.

5. I prefer to plan about what and when I should study than actually studying.

6. My closet has a weird system that only I understand and if someone tries to mess with it, I hyperventilate until I can get it back to the way I like it.

7. I find an odd satisfaction when I can see every end of my desk because everything is organized and put where it should be.

8. I have a folder for every part of my life that is so full with paper and information that I have to clip together so that it doesn’t fall apart.

9. When people tell me: “You probably won’t need to print this because you can find it online whenever you want,” I don’t understand what they mean because I can’t put sticky notes on your online power points, lady!

10. Sometimes I don’t get stuff done in time because I was too busy planning about them… And then I have to re-plan to make up for everything that needs to get done.

11. Planning for this article, I did about 3 preliminary lists just preparing to write it in the future.

12. I have a list of recipes that I will never actually make but that I have looked up at least three times already.

13. My family is the same way. We know exactly who’s house we are going to be spending each holiday, what are we cooking, and what will be the proper etiquette of dress and decorations for each.