signs you grew up in alabama

If You Know How To Pronounce 'Wedowee,' Then You're Definitely From Alabama, Plus 19 Other Signs

Where the skies are so blue.

1666

I've lived in Alabama all my life. Growing up, I have learned how unique Alabama is compared to the other states. These ways will go on to the future generations. Being from Alabama is great and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1. Events are planned around football games

Oh you're getting married? Congratulations! I won't be able to make is because Alabama is playing LSU that day.

2. Catching "Hot Rolls" at Lambert's Cafe in Foley

You either get hit in the face with them or dodge them. You can't get mad because the food is so good.

3. Mosquitoes ruin EVERYTHING

Mosquitoes are basically the state's most hated inhabitant.

4. You know how to pronounce Wedowee

We-DOW-ee. I'll just leave it at that.

5. You have run the heater & the AC on the same day.

For Christmas, Mother Nature gives you a gift. It's the gift of hot and cold in the same day. Yes, it really gets warm in December.

6. You know all the words to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama"

All you have to do is hear "turn it up"

7. "Go to church or the devil will get you"

This sign is basically a VERY important landmark. It's on I65 near Prattville

8. James Spann is your hero

If he's in a full suit, the weather is fine. If he takes off his jacket and rolls his sleeves up, you better seek shelter.

9. Roll Tide and War Eagle are acceptable greetings

"Roll Tide" "War Eagle" this is a real conversation.

10. Y'all is used in every sentence

​Hey y'all! How are y'all doing today? What have y'all been up to?

11. Alexander Shunnarah is everywhere

I'm surprised there's not a billboard outside my bedroom window. We all love Shunnarah though.

12. You can tell which county a person is from by their license plate

11: Calhoun County. 61: Talladega County. 1: Jefferson. The list goes on.

13. If you hear a tornado siren, you go outside and look for a funnel cloud

I'm guilty of this. I've seen the movie "Twister" too many times.

14. If it snows, the whole state shuts down

Sorry, Alabama is closed.

15. The Iron Bowl is basically a holiday

DO NOT CALL ME, TEXT ME, OR SHOW UP TO MY HOUSE WHILE THE GAME IS ON!

16. People from up North have a funny accent

Them folk ain't from around here.

17. Paul "Bear" Bryant and Ralph "Shug" Jordan are legends

The Bear coached at Alabama and Shug coached at Auburn. Both schools have named their stadiums after these men. Ex: Bryant-Denny Stadium and Jordan-Hare Stadium.

18. You know the difference between the state, the school, and the band

SPEND MY DOLLAR

19. BBQ is acceptable at any event

What's the menu at your wedding? BBQ.

20. You know your home's in Alabama

This is actually a song by the band Alabama. You know you love living here and wouldn't want to go anywhere else.