11 Signs You're A Math Education Major

11 Signs You're A Math Education Major

I |love| math!

239

While this major has so much to offer, it can also be very rough. Some wonder why we put ourselves through this hectic life of becoming a math teacher, but we all know it's because this job is the one for us!

1. You always refer to yourself as a double major.

Because let's face it, you are.

2. You have absolutely no clue how you're going to finish in four years.

Education requirements, math requirements, gen-eds, where does it end?

3. You're already planning your classroom on Pinterest.

Aaaaaand you're just a freshman.

4. You want to own anything that involves math puns.

I mean, you ARE pi-lingual, so why not wear that shirt that tells everyone?

5. You could probably teach English since you have so much experience with an insane amount of letters in each problem you solve.

Wow, now we're triple majors!

6. You've learned to alter your writing so that your letters don't look like numbers or symbols.

Now your t's have a nice curved bottom so they don't look like plus signs.

7. People ask you why you don't become an engineer if you like math so much.

"You'd make soooo much more money!"

8. People are always confused about how you can enjoy this.

I don't know, because it's just super fun!

9. You work math puns into your everyday life.

*hangs the natural logarithm that turns into 'Merry Christmas' on dorm room door in December*

10. Sometimes you wonder why you ever decided to do this to yourself.

So. Much. Work.

11. Then you think about how Pinterest-worthy your future classroom will be.

And you realize that it is so worth it!