Signs You May Have a Learning Disability

One in five individuals in the U.S. have learning and attention issues, according to experts. Here are some signs to determine if you're one of them.

63
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjfwt6zm9XeAhUM94MKHSn0DawQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brainfacts.org%2Fdiseases-and-disorders%2Fmental-health%2F2018%2Fwhat-is-stress-resilience-and-can-it-be-learned-071018&psig=AOvVaw0Asdd3XCTcdrr-hQUd0IfH&ust=1542330606795139
https://pixabay.com/en/woman-studying-learning-books-1852907/

This is a response to I Don't Struggle, I Can't.

Reading an Odyssey creator's firsthand account of having a learning disability struck a deep chord with me. I don't personally struggle with one, but I'm close with people that do. This was an inside look at the daily pain they face, and it's a worthwhile read for anyone looking to gain insight into this all-too-common condition.

One in five individuals in the U.S. struggle with learning and attention issues, according to the Learning Disabilities Association of America. Several conditions fall under the umbrella of learning disabilities, including dyslexia and oral language disorders, to name a few.

Identifying symptoms is a crucial part of determining whether you have a learning disability. From there, figuring out what kind of treatment you need is much easier.

Here are a few signs you might have a learning disability:

Problems with School Subjects (Reading or Math)

How Struggling In Math Class Has Affected Me

Difficulty Remembering Things 

Poetry On Odyssey: MemoriesPixabay

Being Easily Distracted

5. Get distracted. 

Problems Telling Time

clockManagement Is An Important SkillElena Koycheva

Having a Hard Time Expressing Yourself (Through Speaking or Writing)

writing on a page with a hand holding a pen as if the person is beginning to write somethingHow Do We Define Good Writing?c1.staticflickr.com

Having a mild case of any of these symptoms doesn't automatically mean you have a learning disability. However, if you're experiencing one or more and feeling like it impacts your ability to succeed in a learning environment, it may be time to seek help. Visit ldaamerica.org to learn more.