7 Little Things My Boyfriend Does Daily That Prove He's A Keeper

Because romance isn't always in grand gestures.

1990
Saige Rozanc-Petski

As one half of a couple in a three-plus years relationship, I know that life gets hectic and long-term relationship romance can get put on the back burner.

Yet, there are little things my boyfriend does daily that remind me how thankful I am to have him in my life. It doesn't always take a grand gesture to show you care.

1. Sends me a good morning text (and calls when I don't answer)

When I don't answer a good morning text he knows I probably slept through my alarm and thoughtfully calls to make sure I get up.

2. Walks at my pace

At 5' 2" my walking pace is a little slower than most other people so it's nice when my boyfriend slows down so I don't have to jog beside him.

3. Keeps me fed

Not only do I forget to eat sometimes but when I don't eat, I get extremely hangry so keeping me to a proper eating schedule and dealing with my food-related mood swings are very real things my boyfriend deals with on the reg.

4. Carries my things

Like a picture out of the '50s, having someone help you carry your things is just a universal sign for "I'm here to help," which is always nice.

5. Opens the door for me

A little bit of chivalry goes a long way. I know many girls see things like this as sexist but I think it's just nice to be wooed a bit sometimes.

6. Lets me nap

Along with being crabby when I don't eat, I also get grumpy when I don't get enough sleep. When my boyfriend lets me come over and nap in his bed while he watches TV or works on homework it's always nice, because somehow his bed is way comfier than mine?

7. Texts to make sure I got home okay

Saying "text when you get home" is always a nice sentiment from anyone but followed by a text or two to make sure I'm actually home safe when I forgot to actually text is going above and beyond and shows he actually cares.