9 Signs You're in a Long-Term Relationship

#RelationshipGoals
3054

Many college students are in relationships; some are even engaged, or married! Adults have always told us not to count on being with your significant other forever; we have our whole lives ahead of us so we shouldn’t have to feel like we're tied down. Though all this is true, some of us are lucky enough to have been with the same person for years! I’m one of those people. I’ve only had a few boyfriends throughout my young life. My boyfriend and I have been happily dating for over 3 years! Definitely long enough to be considered a long-term relationship. When you’ve been with someone for so long, you want to share it with the world. Sometimes your relationship can seem a little bit too comfortable and relaxed. Between the two of you, there are always some things that other people don't understand. Here are a few of those things that only people in long-term relationships would understand.

1. You bicker like an old couple.

My boyfriend and I are always arguing and nagging each other about the littlest things. There are some things that we just can’t let go.

2. You’re not afraid of bodily functions.

The best part of being in a long-term relationship is that farting and burping is completely normal to do around each other. At this point in the relationship, you are in it for the long run so nothing will scare each other away that easily.

3. You know embarrassing stories about each other.

Heck, your significant other was probably there experiencing them with you! Yes, it’s been that long! We know each other's pasts and we have been there together through most of it.

4. There’s complete honesty.

You are not afraid of upsetting each other. You’ve been through worse. You pretty much know each other’s limits, and there’s no filter between you. Your relationship takes honesty to a whole new level.

5. Appearance doesn’t matter anymore.

For the ladies, once you’re with your boyfriend long-term, you could care less about looking your best for him. At this point you’re not trying to impress him anymore. In fact, you don’t even care about (GASP) shaving your legs!

6. You share everything (especially food).

This happens all the time, especially for drinks. Instead of ordering a drink for each of you, you just order one and share. This saves money and you always get the same thing anyway, so why bother? You guys have been together so long that you also know exactly what the other wants to order at pretty much every restaurant. Everything he has is basically mine.

7. You know what the other is thinking/feeling without ever having to say anything.

When you see something strange going on, you both look at each other and know the other is thinking the same thing. You don’t need to ask each other what they though about a movie or a trip, because you were already thinking the same thing.

8. Silence isn't weird.

When people first get into a new relationship, silence is weird, and there constantly needs to be talking or something going on. When you're together a long time, doing nothing is completely normal. Silence is nice!

9. You can’t imagine a life without them.

When you’re with someone for so long, you can’t image what it would be like without him or her in the future. As far back as you can remember, you two have both always been there for each other and even though you may have quirks, you wouldn't have it any other way.