Signs You're The Friend Who Definitely Doesn't Have Their Life Together

What do you mean we had class today?

14

Every friend group has that one friend who just cannot seem to get it together. If you don’t know her, she’s probably you. But hey, that’s okay. Not everyone can be poised and put together all of the time like Kate Middleton or Emma Watson. Here are some signs you may be the one friend who just can’t get her act together.

1. You’re socks never match. In fact, it’s a miracle if your outfit matches at all. This isn’t because you don’t have good taste in clothing. It is simply due to the fact that most of your laundry is on the floor, or the couch, or maybe under your bed. In the rush to work or class you just grabbed the closest items and ran.
  2. You are always late to class or missing it altogether. “Did I have class this morning?” is a question you frequently ask your roommate, and some mornings you wake up five minutes until class so you decide to just try again tomorrow. It’s not that class isn’t a priority. Sometimes mornings are just hard okay?
  3. You never read your emails. They just continue to pile up until the inbox has reached a terrifying number. This gets you in a lot of trouble and has you showing up for class that has been canceled and even forgetting about assignments.
  4. You do everything last minute. “You can’t do this paper the night before” is something you prove wrong every single time you have a paper due. In fact, you’ve probably even started and completed a lengthy assignment less than a few hours before it’s due.
  5. If you didn’t have your roommate, you’d probably never get anywhere you’re supposed to be. She’s the one who wakes you up after your three alarm clocks have been going off for an hour and reminds you when you have meetings and homework and basically any other responsibilities.
  6. You wing things that you most certainly should not wing. Tests, college applications, interviews. You roll with the punches and don’t plan much at all. At the end of the day, you’ve always ended where you were supposed to be anyway.

It’s true, our go with the flow attitude and tendency of waiting until the last minute to ever do anything can be a bit disconcerting to the rest of the world, and if we’re being honest, they probably worry about our well-being more than we ever worry about our own. However, at the end of the day we’ve learned how to handle all the surprises life throws our way (and when you don’t read your emails or texts regularly you get surprised a lot!)

“Embrace the glorious mess that you are.”- Elizabeth Gilbert