5 Signs You're Addicted To Bath And Body Works

Somehow, our favorite fragrance store takes away all self control.

3324
The Krazy Coupon Lady

It’s very likely that if you’re a human being, you have been in Bath and Body Works at least once in your lifetime. If you’re like me, you’ve been there so frequently that you have to start admitting that you may be addicted to their products. Here are the telltale signs that you love Bath and Body Works a little too much.

1.You own more than five of their lotions.

Honestly, I have lost count of how many I own, but around five was where I started questioning if I was bordering on addiction. I purposely try to convince myself not to buy any more things until I use up one of the ones I already have, but then they come out with seasonal scents and I just have to get that one before it disappears, and it repeats every season.

2.You have holders for more than two of their products.

They sell holders for everything. Why? Because they know that we can’t help but buy the pretty things to keep their products in. Aside from the things to clip hand sanitizer to purses, none of them overly serve a purpose other than to look nice, yet I still have a candle holder, a soap holder, and I’ve debated more than once if I should get a perfume holder.

3.You have something they made with you at all times.

This could be as simple as keeping one of the tiny hand sanitizers clipped to your bag, but it could go further than that. I have a travel sized lotion and hand sanitizer both attached to my backpack, but I also keep some in my car. Last year, I alternated between bags for different classes and I kept a full-size lotion in the extra one. Because you never know when you might suddenly need your hands to smell good.

4. You have figured out the scheme they have with their coupons.

Every time you buy something from Bath and Body Works, they give you a coupon. This coupon can be used anytime in the next month or so. People who are new to this might not realize the trap they’re trying to draw us into. A month is not enough time to use an entire bottle of lotion, so we won’t need more. And the coupons are often only valid if you buy more than one item. They do this on purpose to try and get us to spend more money, and the saddest part is that I usually give in.

5. When a seasonal scent you like comes out, you get all of it.

For some, it might be A Thousand Wishes or another holiday special. For others, it might be something more geared towards fall, such as Salted Caramel Pumpkin. However, the one that got me was a spring scent from this past year called Aloha Waterfall Orchid. A friend had it and I fell in love immediately, and before the season was out, I had two travel sized lotions, a full sized lotion, perfume, and body cream in that smell.

To the majority, Bath and Body Works is just a store, but to those that love it as much as I do, it’s a vicious cycle. Friends will try to help by forbidding us from entering without actually needing to buy something, and no matter what we try to do to keep ourselves from it, we have to admit that this franchise owns our lives.