I'm sick in college

7 Things To Do When You're Sick In College That Will Make Everything Better

Being sick is the worst, but here are some ways to make it a little better.

214
https://picjumbo.com/listening-streaming-music-from-laptop-in-bed/

After being stuck in bed for four days with a fever, I had to find new ways to entertain myself. I know you would think that all I wanted to do was sleep, but for some reason, I had even more energy than I normally do. My friends and family told me I was the "happiest sick person" they had ever seen. I guess I'll take that as a compliment. I mean, even though you're sick, it doesn't mean that you can't at least try to have some fun. Plus, you get to take advantage of all the perks of being sick. It's all about silver linings!

Most importantly, wear your pajamas all day

By all day, I really do mean all day. You don't have to be laying in bed to wear your pajamas. It is more than acceptable to go to class or out to eat in your pajamas when you're sick.

Make your roommate do EVERYTHING for you

Whether it's making you dinner or handing you your computer charger, make them do it. Even if you don't feel well and you throw out the food two minutes later. It's fine because you would do the same for them. Plus, you're sick. If they try to argue it, just fake cough and say "but I'm sick." But actually, I'm so thankful my roommate was here to help me through it all. She made sure I was eating, staying hydrated, checking my temperature, and of course taking my medications. And handing me my chargers. The necessities of course.

And when they're done...continue to annoy them

Once you finally let them get in bed and relax, don't let them forget that you still need constant attention. Entertaining you comes before their homework and all other needs. So, yes, I continued to annoy my roommate for four days straight. And when she went to class, I still managed to annoy her. Between texting her my temperature and asking when she would be back, she definitely knew that I was lonely in the room.

Call your parents every 5 seconds

Not that I don't usually call them all the time, but I swear my entire recents on my phone is my mom or dad. Of course, the first reason why I called was to see the dogs. But I also called every time I took my temperature or did anything besides lay in bed. Even though they couldn't be physically here to help me, I made sure they knew everything that was going on whether it was relevant or not. So fine, maybe I did use my parents to entertain me when my roommate wouldn't. But no, I am not ashamed of this.

Binge watch a show or two or three on Netflix

I never thought I could watch too much of one show at a time but I really did hit that point. But don't worry I found a solution. I decided to switch between shows to maintain interest. I mean honestly what's being sick without binge-watching Netflix shows. I may or may not be out of shows so please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Use it as an excuse to get out doing things you don't want to do

"Wanna go to diner? Or why don't we go do some laundry?" Yeah, nope. I'm sick and that means I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do. I get to put off all of my responsibilities and just do whatever I want. The best part is nobody can say anything because after all, you are the sick one.

And when all of this has exhausted you, then you can catch up on sleep

Yeah, yeah I know sleep is important when you're sick. But seriously, you can only sleep so much. So after you do all of these things, I guess it's fine to take a few naps and catch up on sleep and try to get better.